P3D v4 not loading after installing CityScene Barcelona

red_SYSTEMS

Last I tried to install CityScene Barcelona. When I downloaded through FTX Central a few attempts stuck several minutes on 'Paused'. After several restarts it was installed. When I try to launch P3D, generating scenery files stuck at different percentages. Verifying all the files didn't work.

Do I something wrong, or do someone now to solve this? Thanks!

[EDIT]
After uninstalling this scenery it is also stuck when I load the sim.

No idea why this might happen.

Just to confirm, you should ensure that the Barcelona scenery does not appear in your scenery library.

You should manually delete the folder FTX_AA_Barcelona if it appears in your ORBX\FTX_EU folder as well.

Finally, if you have the file Orbx_CityScene_Barcelona.TXT in your ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder you should delete that.

Now, FTX Central should show Barcelona as not installed.

P3D should start, make sure you select the Prepar3D_Default flight from the start screen.

If P3D fails to load, you can always repair your installation using the P3D installation files, choose repair when prompted.

If P3D does load and you can fly around, try installing Barcelona again.  NOTE!!  If you have P3D on a hard drive not an SSD it can take up to 5 - 9 minutes to load Barcelona, so it might seem to be stuck but you need to wait for a long time to confirm.

Un-ticking the FTX_AA_Barcelona scenery library entry is enough to remove it from

the simulator.

I does sometimes take P3D v4 a very long time to create the scenery indexes and

I would think that if left long enough, it will start.

Be aware that sometimes there can be an error message waiting for acknowledgement

but hidden behind something else on the screen.

Thanks both for your reply.

@John Down It looks like it is properly removed. I checked all the files and folders in your post. I didn't try yet the to repair the P3D files.

@Nick Cooper I waited several hours, but just nothing. I know there can be a message behind the splash-screen. If there is one, I didn't find it.

If you just reinstalled the client, then you replaced some of the program files.

Installing and uninstalling Orbx products does nothing to the P3D file structure,

again, as I am sure you already know.

However, at this point, might it be worth considering running a repair of your

content and scenery components?

I started with the repair after John Dows post, and a few minutes ago the last one was finished. But, no.

[EDIT]

I checked my AV, but nothing on the logs and in the quarantine, everything is running with administrator rights, I removed add-ons what I had recently issues with what was solved, checked Windows updates and I reboot my system several times.

It looks like removal and replacement of P3D is the next logical step.

I have a preferred method that you might like to try.

Rename your P3D root folder and replace it with a new and empty P3D folder

with the same name.

Then run repair for each component.

This should provide you with a new and clean installation of P3D.

Or you may already have your own preferred method.

My own 'preferred' method is just the traditional way, uninstall everything and then install it again...

Unfortunately I don't really have a lot of time in the coming weeks. So when I have the time to do I will let you know how it went.

Just a thought...

I had this issue myself, and experienced my first ever CTD in P3D.  It turned out to be due to me installing Barcelona and another airport whilst P3D was running. Yes I know, but we all make mistakes... 

I had to uninstall both products in FTXC ans start again before the problem was solved.

May be this is no help to you, but you never know.

Very strange. I reinstalled P3D. Its a fresh install with no add-ons loaded, and still it stucks at the splash-screen.

@flying_fish So far I can recall my P3D was closed, I'm pretty sure because I installed when I just booted up my PC. But still thanks! And yes, we are all humans. :)

[EDIT]

Woops... Forgot to remove all config files. We are all humans... :D

After my last post I removed all the generated files. And P3D loads fine, I almost forgot how quickly P3D can load. Maybe consider buying a SSD.

Then I reinstalled everything back. Now al my add-ons are installed an the sim work fine.

Thanks all!

On 8/11/2018 at 5:24 AM, Nick Cooper said:

It looks like removal and replacement of P3D is the next logical step.

I have a preferred method that you might like to try.

Rename your P3D root folder and replace it with a new and empty P3D folder

with the same name.

Then run repair for each component.

This should provide you with a new and clean installation of P3D.

Or you may already have your own preferred method.

Nick, thanks for sharing this.  It sounds like a fantastic way of recovering from significant problems.  My greatest fear in this hobby is the complete uninstall and reinstall of P3D and all addons, but your method makes me think I could recover quite nicely in the event I need to.

Archived