Help Vector will not recogize my airports using autoconfig tool

Rhwvu79

Aug 6, 2:32 AM AEST

When I run my autoconfig tool in vector it just keeps searching. I was having this issue so I deleted vector and reloaded it through ftx central. Now I have no airports being recognized when I run the auto config tool. It just keeps clocking. I have run it overnight and nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Robert

Unfortunately the Vector config tool will not work in that configuration, it was developed to require a folder structure well before LM developed P3D to be allowed to be installed to the root of the drive. The manual enable/disable AEC mode will still work.

So your options are to either reinstall your sim to a folder first, or just use the manual enable/disable AEC mode for every individual airport you encounter that requires adjustment.

Cheers

Doug

Ok.  Maybe I misunderstood you when you asked me where it is located.  To be honest I didn't really understand the question.  I am not a computer guru.  With that being said I have my sim installed in me E drive.  Whether you consider that its own file I have no clue.  My C drive is of course my main drive that stores my ssd.  I have two other drives either my E and D.  What I can tell you is that I have had vector and this computer for 4 years.  I have never had this problem.  So I am still at a loss.  I do however appreciate all your responses and help on this matter.

I don't understand.  It worked fine in the past. What happened in the last month or so then?  If it does not work I guess I am going to have to delete it.  I love it when I buy something.  It works (PS I have had this software for several years).  One day it stops working and the only answer I get is "oh yeah your system is wrong."  Sorry your screwed and it wont work.   That's customer service for you.  Very frustrating ORBX.  I have been a long time supporter  I would not care if it did not work from the beginning but it was working fine up until recently.  Maybe its time for xplane 11  without ORBX.

You know now that I think about it what kind of support system is this for a company this big.  I thought the whole purpose of support was to help someone.  That is obviously not the case with this company.  Most companies they will  tell you what you need to do to fix the situation.  Oh no, not here.  I have never in my life heard of this from a company.  I am dumbfounded.  Speechless.  I guess you guys win.  I can not use your product and you are basically saying oh well best of luck.  Really upset about this.  Trust me I will make sure my fellow simmers know all about this experience.

On 8/16/2018 at 2:59 AM, DirtySouth09 said:

You know now that I think about it what kind of support system is this for a company this big.  I thought the whole purpose of support was to help someone.  That is obviously not the case with this company.  Most companies they will  tell you what you need to do to fix the situation.  Oh no, not here.  I have never in my life heard of this from a company.  I am dumbfounded.  Speechless.  I guess you guys win.  I can not use your product and you are basically saying oh well best of luck.  Really upset about this.  Trust me I will make sure my fellow simmers know all about this experience.

Hello,

it is only the automatic AEC function that does not complete when the simulator does not have a root folder.

The manual function continues to work as before and it is possible to save a profile with all the changes made.

This does not render the product unusable, it is just a little inconvenient.

It has always been possible to install a simulator to the root of a drive using the Options... tab and indeed this will happen

if the user does not wish to use the default location but also does not first create the empty target root folder.

It is for this reason that the installer defaults to:

34413956420_8e9a847e66_o.png&key=ef8643d

and any other location requires user intervention.

You can fix the situation by uninstalling your entire simulator, creating the root folder that was required and then reinstalling

the simulator to that root folder.

Whether you wish to to this and gain only the ability to run the Vector auto configuration is your decision, as it was your decision

to install without a root folder.

A friend of mine did the same "mistake" installing P3D just on the root of a drive, so AEC didn't work.

There's a "quick an dirty" method to "resolve" the problem.

What I did: I created a folder named "Prepar3D v4" in that drive and moved all of his installed P3D stuff in this folder.

Now the difficult and dangerous part: I opened the registriy (regedit) and changed all P3D SetupPath into the new one, in his case D:\Prepar v4\ and saved the changes.

Attention: It works but might be dangerous for unexperienced users!

Thank you for the responses.  I will wait till I build a new PC before I start reinstalling stuff.  Just frustrating.  Not sure how my airport elevations will be going forward.  Manually doing them all and troubleshooting will take a lot of time.  For now I just need to figure out whether I keep it installed or delete it till my new system build.

Archived