Baked Dunkerque

VH-KDK

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Now that must be confusing, next time I see Het Nederlands Elftal running around I will be alarmed!:o

In 2022 World Champion Soccer will be held in Qatar.....in summer.....that will be really fun !!

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That sounds very unpleasant Lars, another few weeks and it should start cooling down you would think.:unsure:

Hopefully. Today is a bit better, but the next days will be as hot as hell, with a chance of getting cooler again on thursday...:wacko:

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

It will be held around christmas time from what I've heard to avoid the most scorching months.

Ahhh....., didn't know that.

Anyway, who cares....The Oranje leeuwen und die Mannschaft will not join it, won't they :o

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, macca22au said:

Martyn:  that's a very sad and powerful personal experience. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Ian, it has worked out better in the end, for us anyway, as things are much better here in Shepparton.

With the dried fruit (sultanas) it didn't help when you were getting cheated blind by the people you were selling to.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, macca22au said:

Orbx is unintentionally deceptive when it comes to climatic extremes.  It has set seasonal textures that are 'representative' of the average situation and we look at them as we fly and find it hard to visualise an extreme condition.

It is an observation only, not a precious complaint.  It would be impossible to do otherwise.

When I was using FS2 all those years ago I never thought we would be flying around in scenery like we are today so who knows what the future will bring.:huh:

It gets better every day!:)

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, YAMBA1 said:

VH KDK Rather that spiders  ( harmless  big things) I would have been worried more about  the crocs  in the alligator river. (those are  not alligators but big salty man eaters)

Some of the salties were huge but as long as you are sensible and aware of them they are usually no problem.

It is strange what scares people isn't it. I hate Huntsmen spiders and the wife is terrified of caterpillars.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, Sundancer said:

The Netherlands are so small compared to Spain and Portugal and not of interest in international press.

In regular summers Spain and Portugal are one of the hottest places in Europe, so when there is a chance of breaking the summer records, this is really news of course.

The commercial news stations in Melbourne  have a priority on Australian Football and dog stories as "news" so some of the more important news from around the world isn't mentioned.

Then there is the ABC.:rolleyes:

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, Sundancer said:

In 2022 World Champion Soccer will be held in Qatar.....in summer.....that will be really fun !!

Well Fred, it is about time that the World Cup was hosted by a proper footballing nation, what other reason would it be held there? 

Archived