Nasty wrong-texture squares all around

Hi Jose

Before Richard gets back to you please ensure the following:

01.- Check you have your libraries in FTX Central updated

02.- Check you have the right insertion postion in FTX Central. The FTX entries must go below your very first addon and your Open LC entries below FTX

as in these pictures:

DLM0Gj3.jpg

2YAWyxm.jpg

n3iuCuH.jpg

0LOBvuz.jpg

Jcn5fxN.jpg

03.- Then finally ensure you don't have a third party addon causing a conflict in the area you are fliying. For Exampla Fly Tampa Toronto causes black textures with orange. this is becasue their LC bgl's have to be disabled by putting them off.

Try this first while you wait for a reply from Richard. I know you are following a post I made about the Netherlands (for which we haven't been replied yet) but my post is kind of different to this of you. I suspect you can fix it by checking all this.

Good luck

Cheers

Hi,

You could try, back up and delete your .cfg file, reboot the sim and let it generate a new one, worth a try also is your Terrain cfg as described below, it wont hurt to try.  Please report back with the results. It kind of looks like a Water/Blendmask gone wrong, but I doubt it.

Hi Nick & Richard

Nick

I did suspect that too. Thanks

Richard

I have recently done that both deleting the cong & the terrain one but.. I could give it another try..

If I reinstall The Netherlands do you think it might solve it? Or would it cause a mess after all the changes done to merge FT?

I haven't tried this as the NE is too heavy and takes too long to download but if is it safe to reinstalled after the merge I would try it too.

I'll first put FT off as per Nick's instruction and will test

Thank you for replying I'll let you know

Regards,

On 7/29/2018 at 11:52 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos, about your topic on the blue shapes off the coast of the Netherlands,

I am beginning to suspect that no one has answered because no one knows the answer.

You might try removing the addon but it may have no effect.

Hello Nick

I put off FT addon but the textures still show

What could be causing this? It seems it is happening only to me.

If I reimtall NE would it help?

3HSGVt0.jpg

vijCMiN.jpg

Regards,

Carlos

On 7/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, carlosqr said:

Hi Jose

02.- Check you have the right insertion postion in FTX Central. The FTX entries must go below your very first addon and your Open LC entries below FTX

as in these pictures:

DLM0Gj3.jpg

2YAWyxm.jpg

n3iuCuH.jpg

0LOBvuz.jpg

Jcn5fxN.jpg

03.- Then finally ensure you don't have a third party addon causing a conflict in the area you are fliying. For Exampla Fly Tampa Toronto causes black textures with orange. this is becasue their LC bgl's have to be disabled by putting them off.

Try this first while you wait for a reply from Richard. I know you are following a post I made about the Netherlands (for which we haven't been replied yet) but my post is kind of different to this of you. I suspect you can fix it by checking all this.

Good luck

Cheers

Carlos, it looks like it worked. I will do some tests but meanwhile... gracias!!!!!

in re freemesh, from what I have read, including the Freemesh site, this is a direct quote:

FreeMeshX is officially supported for FSX, FSX:SE, and all versions of P3D (including 64-bit P3D).

FreeMeshX should be placed above the default terrain entries in the Scenery Library, and below any airports or FTX Regions or landclasses

To me, that means Freemesh should be below all of the LC files.

Sherm

can it be related to envtex? I've got it installed, I have changed all textures and now it looks ok...

does it make any sense to you?

Thanks!

On 7/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, carlosqr said:

Hi Jose

as in these pictures:

DLM0Gj3.jpg

2YAWyxm.jpg

n3iuCuH.jpg

0LOBvuz.jpg

Jcn5fxN.jpg

Good luck

Cheers

Carlos, it looks like it worked. I will do some tests but meanwhile... gracias!!!!!

Hi Jose

If the problem persists I would recommend to delete:

Shaders folder

Prepar 3D Cfg file

and terrain file

The restart the sim for it to create these files again. Once launched close it, then start FTX Central and the start the sim again.

I'm pasting here a post from Elaine related to textures issues, that might help:

Also, here is a quick test you can try,   This will not effect any of your 3rd party software.  Note:  Please read the complete post before carrying out these steps. 

Delete the following 4 generated files and folders.  These will generate again when Prepar3D is launched.  

You will just need to adjust your graphic \ scenery settings again to your preference via Prepar3D > Options when you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file  

1) Prepar3D.cfg file.    2) Shaders folder.    3) SceneryIndexes_x64  folder.  4) Terrain.cfg file

Copy the 3 set's of Tex below and Paste them into your windows search bar, One by One and click on the result,  this will bring you directly to the correct locations

1) Right click and Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

2) Right click and Delete the Shaders folder 

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

3) Right click and Delete the SceneryIndexes_x64 folder.  Not the Scenery.cfg file  

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64

4) Right click and Delete the Terrain.cfg file

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Note: Launch Prepar3D to the splash screen,  Then Close it down again.  The files and folder will generate again as default.

Now Launch the FTX Central control panel and wait 15 \ 20  seconds and close it.   This will reconfigure the Orbx entries in the terrain.cfg file. 

Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Hope it works if not then I don't know what else to recommend :(

Suerte

Carlos

Archived