No fence at KHQM

Hi,

It makes some time I didn't check the ramp at Bowerman, but I just did it today after installing the latest FTX and libs patches today.

The fence disappeared and the billboard and red labels float in the air... Any idea why?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling KHQM. No success.

I forced migration and ran migrationtroubleshooter. No success.

Thanks

nofence.jpg

12 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

Hi,

Did you try to play with the scenery complexity/density slider ?

Mike

I didn't because the sliders were already at max, thus showing everything, but I did like you said, played with them and nothing changes.

On the face of it, it's missing textures. Duh! On the face of it you've done what I would have done. What I would do now is to uninstall it, then go and search for any remains. Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KHQM make sure it isn't there.  I'd also check Orbx\User Documents\Versions\FTX_US_KHQM.TXT, make sure that's not there either. Restart your PC then download it again

Best I can do.

Nick will be along shortly and say I'm talking out of my a**e. :D

46 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

On the face of it, it's missing textures. Duh! On the face of it you've done what I would have done. What I would do now is to uninstall it, then go and search for any remains. Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KHQM make sure it isn't there.  I'd also check Orbx\User Documents\Versions\FTX_US_KHQM.TXT, make sure that's not there either. Restart your PC then download it again

Best I can do.

Nick will be along shortly and say I'm talking out of my a**e. :D

When I uninstall it, and searching for KHQM, I can see those 2 files in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KHQM_Bowerman.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KHQM_Bowerman_CVX.bgl

and this file in ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery:

ABP_KHQM.bgl

Should they be deleted too?

All the other files you mention are not here anymore, so I fear that it will produce exactly the same thing than my previous uninstall/reinstall attempt.

Thanks

Working on the premise of 'if there is no trace of KHQM there can't be any corrupted files' installing a fresh instance must be good. So yes, delete them.

Disclaimer: This is what I would do. You may have to reinstall Windows! :D

3 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

ORBX_KHQM_PLC_Fences.bgl  (This is active)

ORBX_KHQM_PLC_Fences.bgl.off (This is not active)

Then, it's active (which means that the file has the bgl extension basically and therefore is detected by the sim).

Hello,

The fence does indeed not appear if its texture is missing.

ORBX_KHQM_PLC_Fences.bgl does not contain any fences but

does call them from the Orbx library.

If the Orbx libraries are missing, there are no fences (or cars or static aircraft).

1.jpg

Orbx libraries active

2.jpg

Proposed solution, either install the libraries or if they are already installed, enable them in the scenery library.

If somehow the libraries are installed and active but the fence texture has gone missing, then re-install the libraries.

1. If FTX Central v3 does not automatically update the libraries, you can go to

ORBX\User Documents\Versions\ and delete FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT .

Run FTX Central again and only the files that you need will be downloaded and installed.

Yeah, Nick is the best.

That was it. Orbx libraries were inactive in the scenery library (maybe it would be great to get a nice warning in FTX for this kind of things?). I didn't noticed it when checking for something else there and of course we will never know why it was inactive. But who knows, I can remember updating the libraries at some point and the connection was buggy. I had to close and later on I ran it again and it seemed to be completed... Or something else... maybe...

Anyway, I didn't even remember that there were also people, card, planes... shame on me.

Ticket closed. Thank you Nick (and Doug and Ron for helping too of course).

Archived