Melbourne Issues - Please Advise

Gabe777

Hi All.

Couple of issues:

1. Dynamic lighting does not appear to work - could it be the ground poly setting I have it set to ?

2. Related to No. 1, above: I am a little confused as to which Ground Poly to use... at present I use the default setting of "Default FSX Poly"... tohugh I am using P3D v4.2

Thnx

Issue No 3 - sorry, couldn't edit above post:

YMML Runway 16 has a 160 degree ILS approach at 108.7.

But, when I set this up in the Dash 8, the GS is quite a few degrees to the right, almost like an offset ILS , so I come in way to far to the right and have to manually adjust way before the threshold in order to land safely. Could someone else check this, or is it my Dash 8 - which is usually perfect ! ??

Thnx

Hello,

I am not seeing a "ground poly" option in the YMML v3 installed into P3D v4 or FSX.

There is such an option in the YBBN control panel.

I don't think either airport has dynamic lighting.

I don't know much about ILS, this is what seems to be there.

Untitled.jpg

Regarding the ILS, I just checked it on autoland in the NGX and it seems fine.

Course should be set to 160 (there is a +11.5 degree magnetic declination in Melbourne, hence the 171.58 True Heading) , and the frequency, as shown by Nick, is 109.7.

Maybe check that you have your course set as magnetic in the Dash 8.

Cheers,

OK. Thnx guys.

Forgot to re-run Makerways after AUS installation !

As for magnetic vs True, is that relevant for an ILS approach ? I assume YMML runway is 160 magnetic, and the ILS APPR is setup to intercept on that path.... the actual approach is still to the right of centre - checked at Southampton, and the dash tracks it perfectly. I appreciate that the heading as per ADE, will show it as True bearing however. But my AIRACS data all say 160 magnetic and that is what I tune my Course to in the Dash.

However, I will run Makerways and report back.

(I have noticed that the Dash is a sensitive sod, and if I do a short final, it can wander around a little.)

Thnx again.

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

As for magnetic vs True, is that relevant for an ILS approach ? I assume YMML runway is 160 magnetic, and the ILS APPR is setup to intercept on that path.... the actual approach is still to the right of centre - checked at Southampton, and the dash tracks it perfectly. I appreciate that the heading as per ADE, will show it as True bearing however. But my AIRACS data all say 160 magnetic and that is what I tune my Course to in the Dash.

It is relevant in the sense that the runway heading, as with all runway headings, is derived from the magnetic heading.  Without knowing the exact reason, I would assume these headings and other bearings in aviation are still derived from the magnetic source based on the use of magnetic compasses in navigation.

Regarding YMML, do you have the addon ORBX airport installed, or are you using the default YMML?

I have tested with an autoland at ORBX YMML and the aircraft tracks directly down the centreline.

Cheers,

Archived