Texture problem (morphing) OpenLC NA & SA

odin78

Hi, I've recently installed Flytampa's Tampa Rebooted scenery for FSX and then I noticed some screwed up textures around the airport on approach. I've got Vector + OpenLC NA/SA/EU installed. I've also noticed the problem in the south of Brazil, especially around the city of Porto Alegre so I suspect there are many more unoticed issues.

I've uploaded a screenshot with coordinates just east of Tampa International airport.

What I've done so far to try to resolve the problem:

• Back up and restore Terrain.cfg and run FTX central
  • Run the migration tool (Force migration) in FTX central

No luck after trying this. Is there anything else to try except to re-install Vector + OpenLC again?

Appreciate the help!

Morph2.BMP

I had this issue in Toronto and Sydney. The only solution I know of is disabling the FlyTampa landclass layer that belongs to the airport. Since I intalled the "refreshed" version of Toronto for P4 that uses the addon.xml technique, the issue is gone though in Toronto. I hope that helps.

Hi Lars, I've tried to disable Flytampa all together without success, so it seems it's not Flytampa scenery which is causing the morphing. Also, Flytampa's Tampa (KTPA) does not have a LC layer as with Amsterdam, Sydney, Toronto etc. 

As I've said previously, I've also noticed this problem elsewhere such as flying in the south of Brazil. Most places are just fine, it's just certain areas which are all screwed up. 

I've attached yet another photo further south, in between Tampa and Southwest Florida that has a huge area totally screwed up by the textures. It's worse than I thought. :-[

I hope the developers have a solution. It's really anoying.

2018-7-25_2-25-56-941.BMP

Hi

First please confirm the below basics,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then go to your FSX\ORBX\Troubleshooter folder and run the "MigrationTroubleshooter.exe" and post the results back here.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

All Orbx Libs are up to date.

All non Orbx addons are above FTX entries. OpenLC entries just below as instructed. 

MigrationTroubleshooter gave no results. All good there. (see attached file)

Any more suggestions?

1.JPG

I can with 99.9% certainty say this has been solved. A full re-install of openLC NA did the trick. I have activated some of the nearby 3rd party addons and it all looks good. 

I haven't checked other parts of the world yet, such as south america, however it looks like a re-install of the regions did the trick.

Cheers,

Andreas B.

4 hours ago, odin78 said:

I can with 99.9% certainty say this has been solved. A full re-install of openLC NA did the trick. I have activated some of the nearby 3rd party addons and it all looks good. 

I haven't checked other parts of the world yet, such as south america, however it looks like a re-install of the regions did the trick.

Cheers,

Andreas B.

That's great to hear. On my system I almost always have to reinstall the OpenLC sceneries after installing a new Orbx scenery. To make things easier, you can go to the User documents / Versions folder in your Prepared / Orbx folder and delete the pertinent txt-file. Re-installation will only take about one minute then because it doesn't has to get everything from the Orbx server again, but just "repairs" it and that usually does the trick.

Thanks for the tip Lars, I'll try that the next time an issue pops up. It's quite strange that nobody has actually suggested simply re-installing the product again as there are so many people having an issue with texture morphing. If you do a search on Google about morphing textures you'll get 100's of results on the matter, but nobody has actually suggested to actually do a full re-install, or repair for that matter!

Glad it's resolved anyways. B)

Andreas B.

• 3 weeks later...

hello everyone, i am having the same problem in OPEN_LC SA, i had tried evey that i reed at ORBX forum, butt nothing fix, the Morphing texture appear in some part of South America, the only solution for me, at these moment is desinstall the OLC_SA.

sorry for bad english.

Archived