FSX GO

flyboy333

I was waiting for some feedback on this too.  I think the lack of response has shown it's not that much in demand.  I'm going to give it a miss unless someone can tell me if it contains a miracle tweak that'll completely remove the shimmers! ::);D

John

I don't think you guys are actually understanding what this program does for you, the program is not a tweak, the program allows you to put in tweaks permanently, it allows you to start your FSX with one click of a button to load in your favourite settings for that particular FSX session. The 4096 resolution that always gets reset by FSX if you touch any of the display functions? Forget it, running it from FSX Go, it will never be reset again, etc etc

Perfect tool for if you want special settings in your FSX :) Plus it is less than what a lunch would cost you < $10 so what is stopping you from trying :)

Hey guys,

I have to support what JayKae said.  I bought FSX Go the day it came out because the idea sounded good and it was cheap.  I quickly learned it's potential and now I have several of my own favourite profiles, each tailored to a specific flying purpose.  For example, if I want to fly a certain 3rd party add-on mission from another vendor (which vendor has their own recommended FSX settings) I just click on that profile I built then click Launch and FSX loads with the optimal settings already set.  So, no need to then go mess about in the settings tabs before getting into the mission.  Or, if I want to experience the pleasure of just flying over FTX Aus with maximum eye-candy... click, click, fly and enjoy.

Sure, it takes a little while to put together the tweaks to near-perfection, but that's part of the fun of the hobby.  Right?  FSX Go makes it so much easier.

Nowadays, I don't start FSX without it.

Cheers gents,

You're right Jay, I don't really understand what it does that I haven't done myself. 

Because I fly in many different Countries, long ago I found I needed different settings for the regions I fly in simply because of the demands of the varying scenery etc., programs.  So, I now have saved settings in my 'settings' folder with a different file to 'load' each time I want to fly somewhere else, for instance, I have one for 'Australia' another for 'USA', another for the 'United Kingdom', 'Europe' and so on.  You get my drift.  With one click on the 'Load' button when I open FSX, I therefore have the settings for the Country I wish to fly in. 

I can't be bothered and don't find it necessary but I could have in each of these Country folders others entitled say 'Coastal', Inland and so on.  I know it's cheap but what I am asking and I suspect what Flyboy is asking too is how is FSGO that different?

John

'The great thing about FSX Go is that you can do all your tweaking before X is even loaded'

Me too.

However, I might find it worthwhile if you will patiently explain to me what 'bats' are or is please.

Jay, you know how ignorant I am, so fancy saying; 'external executables amongst other things (bats)' to me!!  You  really should know better by now.  I can guess what the 'external executables' might be...I think!  But bats?  They hang upside down in caves making a mess that the Chinese eat as a delicacy don't they?

Oh, Goord.  Now I've upset the Asians.... and the religious. :o  You'd better withdraw it after reading it Jay. ;);D

John

I got "GO" before Christmas but with one thing or another I'm only getting around to doing the install thing now, but it looks very promising! With a low-end PC (which still seems to run FTX to my satisfaction!) I am always looking for the "One Tweak To Rule Them All"  :D and this looks like the perfect way to manage them!

Hi

I bought FSX GO as soon as it came out. As has been said before the program makes it easier to have a 1 touch button to start up FSX, do all your settings in the cfg file and turn on all the needed progams at the same time. I only have two main setups at the moment 1 for online flying with no AI GA or liners and no damage and

1 for offline flying with GA ,Liners and damage.

My batch file will either go to the online or offline bat ,Check the name on the .bgl files and rename them to .bgl.off if needed or remove the .off .  The start batch files then goes through and turns on all my ancillary programs that are needed to run FSX ,but once again checking to make sure they are not already running.

As an example I will leave my startup bat with GA batch file down below since so far a few references to the files have been on the forum but I have never seen anyone post theirs up. Batch files are very easy to write and there is a lot of information out there on the net as to how you write them.

@echo off

::calls bat file GA Traffic on

call "C:\Users\Ken\My Documents\FSX Go Profiles\GA Traffic on.bat"

::testing to se if app is running in task list

::if not running then start app

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq nost_LM.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "nost_LM.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next

start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Belkin\Nostromo\" nost_LM.exe

:next

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq TrackIR5.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "TrackIR5.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next1

start /d "D:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\" TrackIR5.exe

::next1

::tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq AlacrityPC.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "AlacrityPC.exe">NUL

::if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next2

::start /d "C:\Users\Ken\Documents\AlacrityPC Profiles\FSX.profile"

:next1

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq ASA_Exec.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "ASA_Exec.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next2

start /d "E:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\ASA\" ASA_Exec.exe

call "C:\Users\Ken\Documents\FSX Go Profiles\wait 60

:next2

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq fsx_g15.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "fsx_g15.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next3

start /d "C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\Applets\" fsx_g15.exe

:next3

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq fsx.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "fsx.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto end

start /d "E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SplashScreens" Splash.exe

:end

Hope this helps

Ken  :)

Thanks for that info Ken.

I purchased FSX Go a week or so ago but only got around to spending some time with it last night. I like your use of the batch file especially with the starting up of apps like Track IR which I sometimes forget to do prior to starting FSX.

Cheers,

Serge

EDIT: Ken, perhaps you would like to add this information the the FSX Go tips sub forum here: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=112.0

Hi Alexf

Yes you can reset everything once you are in FSX, but that is every time you go in. You also have to think that with a program like FSX_GA-Traffic you have to rename the .bgl file everytime you want it on or off since the slider in FSX has no effect once its .bgl has run. I dont know how many times I forgot to start up one of the ancillary programs or ended up with more than one instance of them running at the same time. It took a while to read up (because I haven't done anything like this in over ten years) but once its done once you can simply press the one button in FSX-Go and let it do the rest of it itself. I also like the challenge of something new like the P51 im waiting for at the moment. For the price of the program and the ease of starting FSX after you have set up FSX GO I personally am happy with the results.

Ken

Howdy - I like GO for a variety of reasons.  One big one is that due to my older lower end machine I rely on tweaks and compromises to get the most out of FTX.  My machine runs FTX really well with my tweaks which are specific to the airport or region I'm flying.  Example: When I fly from Coff's Harbor (payware version) I have specific settings which wouldn't work well at Warnervale (payware).  So Ive set up separate GO profiles for use at these airports. Then when I want to fly from either one, I initialize the proper profile and launch FSX from GO using whatever save flight I want.

Another great reason I like GO is that it enables me to set the tweaks I want for specific regions/airports and I don't have to worry about trying to remember what are the tweaks I want to use for that area.  I just go to Go and choose the one I previously set up and tested for that area. 

I'm still learning about GO but I reallt think it's a very good and usefull utility.  Thanks ORBX....  Looking forwrd to PNW.  Howard

On the other hand....

Well, I spent most of last evening studying the guide and what little of it I understood seemed to give me only what I already have when I open FSX, click on 'settings' 'load' and choose the one I want.  Apart from opening FSX to start with the rest takes seconds.  And I suppose opening FSX using FSX GO would also take just as long, so I can't see myself using it.  Sorry folks.

Incidentally, I couldn't find how it could be done but if it be possible to load the REX and FSWC settings into it as well as all the rest it might be worthwhile.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Go this little App last night and gave it to much thought, I dont know why at the price is not worth losing sleep over.

So is it good?

Yes it is.

Why?

If you fly with diffrent settings and run some tweeks then this is a MUST buy.

I've set up 3 profile

One for VFR useing A2A cub etc. Locked fps high auto gen etc.

One for JS4100, lower auto gen unlimited fps

One for FL 24+ With same setting as Js4100 but with cloud draw at 120 miles

I've even set up splash screens so i know what profile is loaded, one Cub, one JS41 and the last with CS 757.

Its great to not have to change LOD etc etc

Thanks for this great little App

• 1 year later...

I have FSX GO and like it.

Recently I started experimenting with the FPS Limiter application.

I developed a batch file that FSX GO uses to run the FPS Limiter Batch file and then FSX.

It works fine except that I can't determine how I can get a selected flight file to load, using the FPS Limiter application.

I tried passing a variable 1% which in my regular bat file for FSX GO start FSX with the selected flight....but I can't get the technique correct to pass the data to the FPS limiter routine. - seems like the FPS limiter batch file should be able to also accept a passed variable to execute when starting FSX.

Here is the line from the FPS Limiter bat file.

start C:\"Users\MyMachine\Desktop\Flight Simulators Resources\Flight Simulator Stuff\FSX Suppport Apps\FPS Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "E:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Here is the bat file I use to call the entire process when using FSX GO

@echo off

E:

cd E:/Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\

FTXCentral.exe

cd E:/Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FPS Limiter\

Call fsx.exe.limited

Exit

Any suggestions on how I can modify either or both of these bat files so that a selected flight can be run while invoking the FPS Limiter application.?

if you use go to start the selected flight then all you have to do is create a shortcut to the go profile assuming it runs the fps limiter and fsx in the correct order.

All this is based on if you tend to start from the same airport or you can create multiple go profile airport starts for anywhere in the world but that could end up being a lot of short cuts

I did post this a while back
/>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/36799-an-orbx-go-tip/

p.s. you should add one of your order numbers to your sig as per the forum rules for support
/>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Archived