Vector_EXX

What does this do. Whenever I disable the vector files in the CFG this file keeps turning itself back on. Is there a reason for this? Is this file required for something else. I turn Vector off when in regions because it causes the long pauses that everyone complains about and this approach has solved it for me.

Hello,

these files cannot turn themselves back on, they are passive, designed to be read by

the simulator and FTX Central, which can manipulate them, as can the Vector control panel.

You can disable all of Vector by un-ticking all the Vector scenery library entries.

Disabling parts of it is not recommended.

27 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

these files cannot turn themselves back on, they are passive, designed to be read by

the simulator and FTX Central, which can manipulate them, as can the Vector control panel.

You can disable all of Vector by un-ticking all the Vector scenery library entries.

Disabling parts of it is not recommended.

I don't disable parts I disable all 5 entries. My question is what does this file do in relation to vector and why does it automatically re tick itself. I'm not new to this stuff so a more detailed answer would be appreciated and if you don't know then who do we ask and who can chime in here to answer at least part of my ? . What does the Vector_EXX file do or what part of the scenery does it effect?. I'm sure Holgar Sandman and the rest of the crew know the answer.

Hello,

the FTX_VECTOR_EXX scenery folder contains files named XXXX_EXX_Excludes.bgl,

so I would assume that they are files that exclude the default scenery elements that

Vector replaces.

However, as you were kind enough to point out, I am not a Vector developer and so I may not

be correct. If you prefer to wait for another adviser, please do so.

I have not yet found that any scenery library entry that I have unticked that then ticked itself

without any input from the user or other software.

Can you describe the process that takes place during which the FTX_VECTOR_EXX scenery library

entry becomes ticked after you have unticked it?

I think I have figured it out    There are 6 Vector entries not 5 there is one at the bottom called Vector_AEC that also has to be un ticked. If left ticked it will somehow turn on the Vector_EXX.  It still would be nice to get clarification on how this all works and if I have come to the right conclusion.   Josh

19 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, in what circumstances do you believe that this happens?

For example, when running the simulator, or something else?

Hi have different scenery CFG for the areas Im flying in. If the Vector_EXX file is on and the others off I get issues with scenery in certain Region areas like large white sandy areas around Alaska and other places in the ORBX FF region areas. . Now since I un ticked the AEC entry that file wont re activate itself and all is fine with my scenery. I have no issues running Vector along side of LC in areas not covered by ORBX FF regions.  I have found the solution just wondering on how the two interact and who knows this might just be a local issue to my setup but a strange one.  Josh

Archived