This has absolutely nothing to do with flightsim, but......

49 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

I can't remember the exact measurements, but they were tremendous.  Her club was a mecca for Vietnam bound GIs in the mid-60s. 

That sounds interesting, tell me more. :rollmyeyes: :rollmyeyes:

5 hours ago, Triplane said:

.....since we're all old farts.....does anyone remember San Francisco, North Beach, the Condor Club, and Carol Doda? Those were the days................

For bonus points...what made Carol Doda famous?

Her Dodas.....:-)

Her Dodas indeed. They came to be known as San Francisco's "other" Twin Peaks. She was the first topless dancer in town. In the mid-1960's admission to the Condor was $5 and another $20 for a two-drink minimum. But the lines were long and if you wanted to be sure of a table Bruno (the doorman) would be glad to help you out you for an additional $50. She went bottomless in 1969. Those were the days....................

8 hours ago, Triplane said:

.....since we're all old farts.....does anyone remember San Francisco, North Beach, the Condor Club, and Carol Doda? Those were the days................

For bonus points...what made Carol Doda famous?

You said it in your question - bonus points :).

Yep...I knew the doorman at several of the high profile clubs in those days. As my mother once told me.....life is too short to spend it dancing with ugly women. And I soon learned that life is also too short to spend any of it standing in a long line to get a lousy table...:)..........Doug

Dirty devils!  Ronnie Scott's jazz club was my favourite.  Great music and plenty of dancing.  London girls tended to be good girls so there wasn't much of that either.  Talk about deprived!

John

Archived