AI Shadows, but no AI - KEGE

shhmule

Eagle County Airport, Vail, CO - KEGE

Hi team,

I turned off the Seasonal AI in the config, because I usually operated with 100% active AI.

However, it appears the models are still casting their shadow.
I don't really want to turn shadows off, as all the other shadows cast look good.
Anybody know what's the deal with the AI shadows where the 757's once sat?

See screenshot:

41397908550_e71df43249_o.png

5 minutes ago, ols500 said:

Sometimes if you untick AI shadows it might fix it.

-Ollie

Thanks Ollie!

That removed the big black shadows.

But now I notice the GA aircraft have double shadows. One shadow is sharp and moves with the sun, but the other one looks like a pixelated texture which looks a bit too black with the double shadows.
Any way to remove all those black marks under the GA?

Disregard!
Looks like that same setting is available for all the static AI settings.
I ignored it at first because it says "Disable for P3D v2", and I'm running v4.

Turns out it works for this version too :D

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help, Ollie!

Capture.PNG

I should definitely get around to updating that control panel! As you've found out, the "P3Dv2" setting also applies to all versions of P3D (this was created in the days before v4) - my apologies.  

Just a quick note about the static aircraft, during our testing for KEGE, we found even with "winter schedule statics" enabled, that all the main AI packages (commercial & freeware) weren't able to fill up all parking spots at the terminal. The exception to this was packages that use winter scheduling (almost none) or those that used non-real-world schedules (ie just populating airports with generic AI routes). So even if you run AI maxed out, it is very unlikely that you'll fill up all the gates even with all static options enabled - this was by design. The purpose of ORBX static aircraft is to complement your personal AI preferences, not replace them. Most of the statics at KEGE were created solely for this airport, are better integrated into the scenery (including ambient shading, interacting with ground vehicles, people, animations etc) and have a drastically lower performance impact than similar numbers of AI aircraft. They are used to "fill out" an aircraft apron alongside AI aircraft with minimal performance penalty. 

Cheers :)

Jarrad

3 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

I should definitely get around to updating that control panel! As you've found out, the "P3Dv2" setting also applies to all versions of P3D (this was created in the days before v4) - my apologies.  

Just a quick note about the static aircraft, during our testing for KEGE, we found even with "winter schedule statics" enabled, that all the main AI packages (commercial & freeware) weren't able to fill up all parking spots at the terminal. The exception to this was packages that use winter scheduling (almost none) or those that used non-real-world schedules (ie just populating airports with generic AI routes). So even if you run AI maxed out, it is very unlikely that you'll fill up all the gates even with all static options enabled - this was by design. The purpose of ORBX static aircraft is to complement your personal AI preferences, not replace them. Most of the statics at KEGE were created solely for this airport, are better integrated into the scenery (including ambient shading, interacting with ground vehicles, people, animations etc) and have a drastically lower performance impact than similar numbers of AI aircraft. They are used to "fill out" an aircraft apron alongside AI aircraft with minimal performance penalty. 

Cheers :)

Jarrad

No worries. Seems to work, even if it has the wrong description.

Oh right. so how many gates are left empty for scheduled AI + UI once all the Peak Season static is enabled? I only noticed one empty gate in front of the passenger terminal.
I must admit the place could look rather dead with just the odd summer 737 or CRJ. A few 757's look good anytime! I do think the dynamic shadows cast by P3D beat the static black shadow, so that might help the statics look even more like regular AI.

Thanks for the help.

Sam :-)

Archived