EU England vs. AU Australia

shhmule

Just read a post today that EU England includes all the ORBX airports located within that area.
I'm yet to buy, but I can't see any info that AU Australia includes any airports at all?
There's a lot of airports from ORBX in Australia, and it would be nice if at least some were included.
Please let me know, Cheers.

Just to extend on this......

Whilst the Orbx Australia product is indeed a scenery only product, ORBX do provide Holgermesh for a better terrain definition with the Australia scenery, and also supply a number of freeware airports for Australia including Busselton (WA), Cunderdin (WA), Lilydale (VIC), Launceston (TA), Murray Island (QLD), Port Lincoln (SA) and Redcliffe (QLD) which will get you started; and of course there is the excellent AI Traffic as well, for a more immersive experience.  

Whilst they are individual products in their own right... there is no cost for them. 

Terry

and to clarify a bit more, the airports in the AU Australia product are not enhanced.

The product description clearly states 

100's of freeware airports available

This is a reference to, among other things, OzX and Ant's airports.

Nick, actually my reference to freeware airports was not a reference to OzX at all, but was in fact a reference to the freeware products from Orbx as listed. 

I didn't throw OzX into the mix, simply because: - 

• it's not an Orbx product
  • access to the OzX package is not easy at the moment due the AussieX site being hacked a while back..... is it back online yet? 

I personally use OzX (v3.5) like many others on here, and I can confirm that its an excellent resource for some of the lesser known airports, and for some of the more remote ones too, I'm just not sure if its currently available for download. 

Either way, there's definitely plenty of resources available to get you going and be able to explore all of Australia :)

Just read a post today that EU England includes all the ORBX airports located within that area.
I'm yet to buy, but I can't see any info that AU Australia includes any airports at all?

The key points in answering the question are, regardless of what you may have read into "a post":

EU England does include enhanced versions of all the simulator default airports within the EU England area.

EU England does not include any of the Orbx payware airports within the EU England area.

AU Australia does not include enhanced versions of the simulator default airports within the AU Australia area.

AU Australia does not include any of the Orbx payware airports within the AU Australia area.

Archived