does windows 10 work well with fsx and orbx products?

timmo32

Gday guys its been a while since i have been simming,and im thinking of upgrading my harddrives too a bigger size too make space for more orbx products,now a question,im currently running windows 7 and had no issues with it at all,what i want to know is windows 10 working well with fsx? and orbx products?and another question,ive got the fsx 3 disc box version of discs and i have alot of orbx airports on disc too,once i decide with version of windows too go for eg win 7 again or windows 10 ?then in what order do i install all the orbx products?eg fsx first,-australia sp3,and patchs second,then orbx latest libries patch? dot net 4.5 version thankyou for your time and i also have the new orbx direct version of my downloaded airports and have migrated those airports too the new orbx direct site. Im starting from scatch with everthing a clean windows install and bigger hard drives only,thankyou for your time and replys too this topic :)

Hello,

FSX and Orbx products work as well with Windows 10 as with Windows 7.

You can install all your products to FSX using whichever medium they are in.

The best order would be global products first, regional products next and  then the airports.

Gday nick thanks for your reply on this topic its good too know that windows 10 is ok too use cheers. ok one more question once i install the australian sp4 region after my fsx installion?and then should i install the latest orbx libries after that and then the rest of the airports with the new libries installed thanks in advance.

Imho Windows 10 is the best Windows version ever. (I know not everyone will agree with this. ;) ) If you are going to start all over W10 is a better choice than W7 because W7 won't be supported for too long (well, January 2010 but still...). W10 will be updated and supported for years to come and performance is absolutely great. And if you really miss the looks of W7: there are several free 'shells' that will make W10 look like W7 in no time. I myself don't use those programs: I rather get used to the new interface, but well, it's nice to have options. ;) 

Just now, J van E said:

Imho Windows 10 is the best Windows version ever. (I know not everyone will agree with this. ;) ) If you are going to start all over W10 is a better choice than W7 because W7 won't be supported for too long (well, January 2010 but still...). W10 will be updated and supported for years to come and performance is absolutely great. And if you really miss the looks of W7: there are several free 'shells' that will make W10 look like W7 in no time. I myself don't use those programs: I rather get used to the new interface, but well, it's nice to have options. ;) 

thankyou very much for your input j van E on my thread,thats great too know that people are having a good run out of windows 10,do you have the latest version of windows 10?i can just remember when using windows 7 i had too turn of windows updates and a user control setting?ive been absent from simming for a couple of years now and im getting back into it again and find that i need too upgrade my harddrives too a bigger size and a possible new video card is in ordrer me thinks :) i want too install the new rex engine and texture pack too,orbx has done a once again a amazing job with everything,so in the next couple of weeks i will take on the big task of installing everything after the upgrade,and im hoping too still find jvs enb series tweak which was amazing when released :) thanks for your input .

4 hours ago, timmo32 said:

do you have the latest version of windows 10?i can just remember when using windows 7 i had too turn of windows updates and a user control setting

Advantage of Windows is that you ALWAYS have the latest version!

Disadvantage of Windows may be that you ALWAYS have the latest version... B)

The thing is that at least with the regular Home version updates are forced so there is no way to turn updates off. Now some people don't like this at all but I haven't had any problems with it at all and I've been using W10 (and various flightsims) since day 1. Okay, sometimes the timing of an update is not totally convenient but it never gave me any real problems.

User control setting: do you perhaps mean UAC...? I always turn that off as first. But it's not mandatory.

10 hours ago, Taph said:

Welcome back, windows 10 has given me no problems since I upgraded from 7, biggest problem was a lack of drivers for an old printer. good luck with the reinstalls 

thanks mate hope your well,and thankyou for the input on windows 10 the more feedback i get from guys like you about your windows 10 expirence the more im going too install it rather then go back too windows 7,cheers mate :)

7 hours ago, J van E said:

Advantage of Windows is that you ALWAYS have the latest version!

Disadvantage of Windows may be that you ALWAYS have the latest version... B)

The thing is that at least with the regular Home version updates are forced so there is no way to turn updates off. Now some people don't like this at all but I haven't had any problems with it at all and I've been using W10 (and various flightsims) since day 1. Okay, sometimes the timing of an update is not totally convenient but it never gave me any real problems.

User control setting: do you perhaps mean UAC...? I always turn that off as first. But it's not mandatory.

thankyou for your reply J van E i dont mind it updating windows aslong as it doesnt give fsx any problems from doing so,so i guess you havent had any issues with fsx crashing or anything?and i hope its easy too install all the airports and addon too using windows 10?,i havent had much too do with windows 10,but it doent look too bad i guess and its a bout time i cought up with the times lol :P and yes i mean UAC,user account control and i think i will turn that off also,im going too be doing just my hard drives and most likely a video card upgrade too a gtx 970 or sumething i can afford im still using a gtx680 lol so yeah thankyou once again for your input ,cheers :)

You will be pleasantly surprised ftx central 3 will monitor your Orbx programs and will alert you to download latest versions, to install it you will need an account at ORBX direct.we are still waiting for a cross grade program for Austrailia if you did not do that at the FSS store

15 hours ago, timmo32 said:

i guess you havent had any issues with fsx crashing or anything?and i hope its easy too install all the airports and addon too using windows 10?

No crashes here (though I am using P3D and Aerofly FS 2) and installing is just as easy, no difference there at all. Installing W10 is even easier because of all the available and included drivers. My joystick and pedals are recognized immediately with correct name and all, something that didn't happen in de past. No need to install seperate drivers at all.

On 6/29/2018 at 12:47 AM, J van E said:

No crashes here (though I am using P3D and Aerofly FS 2) and installing is just as easy, no difference there at all. Installing W10 is even easier because of all the available and included drivers. My joystick and pedals are recognized immediately with correct name and all, something that didn't happen in de past. No need to install seperate drivers at all.

thanks again for your input mate thats good too know mate about windows 10 so i will be installing that windows version forsure cheers again for you feedback mate.

Archived