Want to buy YBBN but have to buy AU first

RayProudfoot

I was keen to buy Brisbane airport to complement FlyTampa's YSSY but I see it requires me to buy AU Australia first for a cost of 55AU dollars.

That's around 80% more than the cost of Brisbane meaning I have to spend around 88AU dollars for the airport. :(

Why is it necessary to buy the Australian equivalent of Ultimate Terrain Europe or USA when I can buy European and American airports without needing those addons?

Nick,

Sorry but I’m not shelling out 88AU dollars for a single airport. FlyTampa’s Sydney blends in fine without the need for additional scenery.

Why can’t Brisbane be designed so it blends in with the default scenery?

Here are some photos of YBBN with AU Australia unticked in the scenery library.  As you can see even without blending the airport sits quite well within the scenery.  However I have FTX Global installed which means that the original P3D or FSX textures have been replaced, it's not possible to de-activate Global so if you don't have Global installed the surrounding textures may be different again. 

YBBN1.thumb.jpg.db24716c92d9fd25f920698d4ee59dd7.jpgYBBN2.thumb.jpg.4250cfd5a0e3bcd7d6de2c2a8798802b.jpgYBBN3.thumb.jpg.ca9db82c873656b388caf3a51666b075.jpgYBBN4.thumb.jpg.3b912cfcce86b06f2b454dfa26c264e0.jpg

And here are two equivalent shots with the AU scenery re-activated:

YBBN5.thumb.jpg.ae3f217799296ef212c34efa5539ebb5.jpg

YBBN6.thumb.jpg.5851a5f746856299219af7721c28dbcc.jpg

Thanks.

My screen shot is of the YBBN product without FTX Global Base which was the question.

I answered on the basis of the information provided which was apparently incomplete, unless

there is also an unwillingness to use FTX Global Base as well as FTX Australia.

Why can’t Brisbane be designed so it blends in with the default scenery?

• 2 weeks later...

Nick / John. Sorry for not replying before. I'm not getting notification emails of new posts and yes, I have checked my spam folder.

I didn't mention it in my first post but I do have FTX Global so it doesn't seem unreasonable for YBBN to blend in with that. In fact the shots you supply John make it blend in reasonable well. Does that mean AU is mandatory or just desirable for best looks?

Hello Ray,

as you now have images of it in both the default simulator and with FTX Global Base,

the decision is yours to make.

The requirements made on the product pages are to provide the best customer experience.

If a customer wishes to make a compromise instead, that is the customer's own decision.

54 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Nick / John. Sorry for not replying before. I'm not getting notification emails of new posts and yes, I have checked my spam folder.

I didn't mention it in my first post but I do have FTX Global so it doesn't seem unreasonable for YBBN to blend in with that. In fact the shots you supply John make it blend in reasonable well. Does that mean AU is mandatory or just desirable for best looks?

And my final 2 cents worth, if you're happy with the look in the first 4 screenshots of mine, you can be confident the scenery will serve you well.

Nick / John,

Thanks for both your replies. The airport does look okay with FTXGlobal so I shall purchase once I have moved to P3D v4. Currently on v3.4 awaiting FSL Concorde-X 64-bit.

Still no email notifications despite setting option. :(

Archived