Is Orbx Vector rollback safe?

I purchased a new rig recently, and had two questions before installing Orbx Vector:

1. How much RAM, on average, will Vector add to my FSX process? I am running at about 3.0 to 3.1 GB right now, with maxed out settings. Will Vector push me over the top and give me OOM errors?

2. If I install Vector, and find that it uses too much memory, can I cleanly uninstall it, to where there are no traces left of it being there in the first place?

Hi

1. RAM has nothing to do with OOM errors, it does not matter how much RAM you have,  FSX is a 32bit program with VAS limitations (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_address_space) and can only make use of a little over 3.0GB, so yes Vector could easily be the straw that broke the camels back and push you into OOM error.

2. Yes Vector can be completely/cleanly uninstalled, but instead, you could just uncheck/deactivate the scenery library entries and this would have the same effect. Vector has many option/settings that can be turned on or off that would affect VAS usage, so you could leave it installed and experiment to see where the limits are for you system.

Cheers

Doug

Archived