Fixating option for manual settings Airport Elevation Corrections

Hello Orbx,

I read, manual settings of the Airport Elevation Corrections, are overwritten, when using the Auto-configuration option.
As far as I can think of, the only situation one uses the manual configuration option, is in cases if Auto-configuration, does not do its work the way a user wants.
Therefore, could it be usefull to create an option for fixating the airports that have been manually configurated? Ofcourse there should be an option to afterwards 'un-fixate' the airport too, if things have changed and Auto-configuration does do it's Auto-configuration job well for that airport too, e.g. after an update of the airport-scenery.

Kind regards,
Bram Stikkel

Hi Bram

Regardless if you use the manual or auto function for AEC, the airports are all listed in the appropriate enabled or disabled list, and you can enable or disable at will....so I am not clear of what else you are asking for?  :)

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your reply. I will try to explain better: 

I have airports that are expanded in ADE (Airport Design Editor) that are perfectly at level after compiling them and using them in FSX or P3Dv4.
After running AEC automatically, AEC disables AEC for the airport with result, an airport in a hole.
After putting the airport in the AEC enabled column again, it is okay again.
The problem is, the auto configuration function, overwrites the manual corrections.

The next time I run auto configuration again, it puts the airport back in the AEC disabled column .

It would be very practical, if one could 'lock' the AEC enabled or disabled configuration and make auto configuration skip those airports.
I tried adding some screens, but is says: There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200. File is small enough (250 kb)

Thanks for the help !
Bram Stikkel

Hi Doug,
Thanks for your suggestion of using the "Save Profile" option,
Unfortunately this is no solution for the problem.

1. Suppose I manually correct the airports that are erraticly put in wrong column by Automatic Configuration and then use the "Save Profile" option 

2. Then a new airport (purchased or selfmade) is added in the scenery library  and - as we are advised - I run the Automatic AEC Configuration again.
3. Then the airports that are handled erraticly by AEC, are again put in the wrong column.

4. If I now reload the in phase 1 saved Profile, I suppose the settings for the in phase 2 newly added airfields, are gone then and I am actually at the same point as before phase 2.  

So, if I use the Save Profile option, ofcourse the airports that are erraticly handled by AEC and manually corrected by me, will be okay again, but I suppose, the configuration for the new added airports are gone then.

For this problem, there is need for an option to manually mark the erraticly handled airfields, as "to be skipped in the Automatic Configuration process".

Hope I explained it clear enough. Just ask if something is not clear :-)

Kind regards!
Bram

Thanks Bram

I suppose we could try and get something added to a list for a future update, but seeing's as Orbx is not the developer of Vector, I would also recommend you contact them at the below link with this issue.

https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=ac9d35be-a23d-4c7c-a31c-14de98976a5a

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the reply.
I will do as you suggested and contact Pilot's too. However, I think, Pilot's is probably more eager to add this function if Orbx is asking them, too, anyway.
Did not know by the way, Vector is not a original Orbx Global product.

Side item:
I lately discovered, all the FTX added products of Pilot's mesh series, are not really adapted to FTX Orbx products, even though the product name suggests so.
E.g. to make Tapini look good, on has to install the PNG Holdermesh and deactivate some parts of Pilot's product.
Well, I suppose you all know that already.
Thanks for the help.
Greetings!
Bram Stikkel 

Hello,

it's no secret, this is on the product page.

FTX Global VECTOR is a partnership project between Orbx and Austrian company PILOT’s. 

Indeed, the naming of their later products as FTX compatible is theirs.

They have not been tested or approved by us and FS Global 2010 remains the standard for developers.

The Holgermesh products are an exception, tailored specially for the products that they support.

Archived