NSTU & AYPY Require Global or just recommended?

Mark A

Hi all,

Interested in picking up these two packages in the sale but I do not have global.

I note that Samoa is stated as being "Designed to work best with the FTX Global basepack" and then at the bottom of the page global is listed is a requirement. My question is whether global is required for these experience packs to work, or just recommended?  What are the consequences of not having global if I did purchase these areas?

Many thanks

Mark Adeane

Well, since it's not in one of the Regions; if you don't have Global Base (and I'd think openLC North America), then the terrain textures that come with it won't match the surrounding default terrain textures.  With the great sale going on, I think you can't go wrong getting them both if you fly in the US a lot; it really makes a huge difference.

19 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

Well, since it's not in one of the Regions; if you don't have Global Base (and I'd think openLC North America), then the terrain textures that come with it won't match the surrounding default terrain textures.  With the great sale going on, I think you can't go wrong getting them both if you fly in the US a lot; it really makes a huge difference.

Probably true.  I don't have AYPY or NSTU but I can say from other products I own that require FTX Global that this is what it says in the manual under the "What will you miss out on if you don’t have Orbx FTX Global installed" section.  This is from the KSNC manual but I'm sure it will be similar with other products.

• Blending of the airport photoreal into the surrounding terrain

• Enhanced FTX Global 3D lighting system with improved FPS in urban/township streets around the airport

- Blending of the airport photoreal into the surrounding terrain
- Moving traffic on roads, properly aligned to the photoreal ground terrain
- 3D light poles along roads and in urban/township streets and around the airport
- The FTX Central application, which is used to launch all the Orbx tools and also switch FTX off

From the AYPY manual

Thanks guys I'll give it some consideration. Already have a few other ORBX products on my hit list for May so will see what the budget can stretch to!
You could try AYPY and NSTU without FTX Global and see if you think it is ok, and if not, then you could get FTX Global.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no real need for FTX Global, the scenery (in PNG and the western landclass-based part of Samoa) just blends better with the FTX Global ground textures

American Samoa for instance is totally self-contained

Archived