Texture problem? Near Denver

4 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Raphael

We need to know location of these please (Near Denver is very vague), preferably with coordinates from the Shift+Z keys.

Thanks

Doug

Hey Doug,

I noticed that in my last flight, so decided to go specifically to denver KDEN and took off facing west....   Inmediatelly you will notice that... right in the areas north/south west of KDEN, in any city spot you have this strange mix........

Hello again,

Well, after some flights around the world and some testing, i think that Denver area might require some love :lol:

May be landclass selection is ok as you say, but  it feels like its wrong to me when you see some texture cuts, like defined rectangles that really cut building textures and borders are so defined that looks kind of artificial:

e81e4ec27253623d871423d7f6cabf8a.jpg

fac5913177bae7f813a8f50a1d47fd75.jpg

221844164929a51fb921d426b34fc5ba.jpg

Its different when you see textures well defined and blended all around very naturally like this (Departing from LEMD):

aba4a7d83a5815527ee856ca7d9b2123.jpg

Hope its usefull, i think some areas in US need some love, i like to fly to Denver and middle of US and may be i hope some touch to those cities textures...

Thanks for support and happy flying B)

Your problems are specific to your own computer and software installation, or everybody would be experiencing the same issues.

In your second to last photo above, you have completely "black" areas with no scenery whatsoever being displayed.  Are you using OpenLC North America?  If yes, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it using FTX Central.  That will normally correct the type of problems you are having if it is an OpenLC NA issue (which some people have experienced after doing a migration like you did).

Your last picture (Departing from LEMD) is in Europe...a different OpenLC product than the NA one.  Comparing pictures from Denver and Europe is meaningless if the OpenLC NA has a problem but the OpenLC EU one doesn't.

Hello,

Well, i dont really have black spots..... Probabbly you mean the lakes you see near Jim Baker Reservoir, and my textures display is a bit dark because lot of tweaks, REX, PTA, etc:

3ab7d256662804a275c09b6a6b0ffa0b.jpg

From Doug thoughts,  and comparing to above picture, i see its a good representation(landclass selection seems ok), but, in real GE picture, you can see well blended edges(of course, its real life), and thats my observation.   In virtual product you can see CUTs near the borders of the texture changes, not really blended at all, despite the landclass selection is good, the blending is not really good to me, you see buildings being cutted near the borders and not really matching with surrounded area:

221844164929a51fb921d426b34fc5ba.jpg

And yes, i have ORBx full products (LC, Vectors, regions, etc) for North America.  I can try your advice and see what happen...  But if its the way it is, i doubt it can help improving it...

May be i just hope these textures can be-retouched someday in the future....

Happy flying B)

• 5 months later...

Archived