Just bought Global and Vector, now it is 50% off

TerribleAviator

Hi there,

Just last week I bought both Global and Vector worth $ 180,- and today I log in and see that you have an anniversary sale: 50 percent off. One could imagine how this feels.

Now I am not seeking to get a refund or something (the products are great!), but I wonder if there is any way to make this less sour for me. After weeks of thinking about what package to get for what price, I finally went for the Orbx stuff. And then... this. If I had only waited a week longer... For the savings of 90 dollars I could also have purchased landclass. 

Any input on this? Or is it just my bad luck? Story of my life :banghead:

Thanks a bunch,

TerribleAviator 

A week early and ninety dollars short , I have been around about 5 years and it has happened several times to me mate . The good news is the Holiday sale starts around Dec.1st if you don't get everything you need during the anniversary sale . Anyway welcome to the forum and see you in the virtual sky's . :):)

Cheers

John

34 minutes ago, TerribleAviator said:

After weeks of thinking about what package to get for what price, I finally went for the Orbx stuff.

At least you did a good decision and will be a happy user for a long time.

Why don´t you dilute your pain and just buy all OLCs currently available? You´ll surely enjoy that. And: No, I am not on the Orbx Sales Team payroll... :D

Thanx for all the moral support :rolleyes:

But it still does not fully ease the pain. Just a little.

Why not give people a subtle heads up or something when they buy stuff prior to a huge discount? That is what I would do to make them feel less sour. But that is just me. With the discount I would have spent the money anyway. Only I would have gotten land class as well. Now, it just feels plain wrong. I understand Orbx does not want to announce discounts in the near future in neon letters, but a little heads up would have been nice. Now I see giant banners and postings on FS website all over the place... Too late for me. 

One approach (if you're prepared to put in a bit of leg-work) is to search/trawl through all the old posts and make a note of previous special offers (and their dates). John (BradB) has already given you one to put in your diary ... there must be other dates kicking around, one hopes! I do feel your pain though! I've been caught out like that myself - not with ORBX scenery, but the odd aircraft add-on.

Adam.

Hi,

Thanks for the Ticket, not to worry about the double post :)  I look at it as swings and roundabouts, I always miss Sales myself, we very much appreciate the polite manner in which you posted, and in the Ticket Portal, so a thank you from me.

Cheers

Richard

Archived