Orbx Gold Coast

whiskey151

JUST PURCHASED AND I MUST SAY IT IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. ABSOLUTELY NO HICCUPS IS FPS EVEN WITH MY MOST HUNGRY ADDONS. JUST ONE QUESTION THOUGH, FLYING UP AND DOWN FROM THE AIRPORT TO COOLY AND BACK, I SEE NO BRIDGES ACROSS THE OCEAN INLETS FOR THE MAIN HIGHWAY. DID I MISS SOMETHING?

ANYWAY STUNNING WORK GUYS, KEEP EM COMING.

REGARDS, TJ

(P.S. WAS GOING DO DEVELOP MY OWN BUT YOU GUYS SAVED ME A LOT OF GREY HAIRS.)

Do you mean across the Tweed River, I haven't checked that end (Vector never put a bridge there).

To the north of YBCG all of the coastal bridges along the GC Highway and north up the Coast are in place, including the main Sundale Bridge at the mouth of the Nerang.

Bridges have been placed for Ephraim and Sovereign Islands which I thought was pretty good.  On the M1 motorway to the west, the railway is also clearly depicted, and bridges for both cross the Nerang (at Nerang) and the Coomera River near Oxenford.  The road bridges seem to be stock and are not all that persuasive but the railway bridges are better.

Whiskey, the Tweed may have been outside the boundaries of the development. So you may still have to do it yourself.

Lovely scenery - nice job team! However, I am also noticing increased scenery load times (holding @6% during the scenario load) and textures blurring more than any other FTX region. Is that a symptom of the new tech, and any suggestions outside of the recommended settings in the manual?

Many thanks

On 2/25/2018 at 1:19 PM, DylanM said:

Lovely scenery - nice job team! However, I am also noticing increased scenery load times (holding @6% during the scenario load) and textures blurring more than any other FTX region. Is that a symptom of the new tech, and any suggestions outside of the recommended settings in the manual?

Many thanks

I have the same problem (holding @6% during the scenario load) It takes about 2min

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Orbx Gold Coast

What was it the blurb said? 

Over 69,000 custom objects!

119,000 accurately-placed buildings

1.12 million trees!

That's what causes the longer loading times for this scenery.  If you are loading from hard drives rather than SSDs you will have longer load times.

If you start a flight at say Archerfield and fly into the scenery you shouldn't get the delay.  But if you are starting anywhere within the scenery, it's the price you pay form such a complete and accurate rendition.

Running this scenery is lovely and smooth. I've read mention of new technologies to render lots of scenery without a bit hit on performance. Is it possible, I wonder, to retrospectively employ this technology to reconstruct notorious old cpu hogs like Los Angeles in SCA and PNW Seattle Tac'?

Neil

Archived