v4.2 Night Textures During Day OpenLC NA

ArzaanK

Hello, 

I have noticed that in some areas, I receive night textures during the day, and vice versa as well. I first noticed this problem soon after I installed 4.2. I did a reinstall of OpenLC NA, and it fixed the problem. However, I now have the issue around the Toronto area (I checked, and I don't have the issue in the areas where I had it before, around KLAX, and in the caribbean). I have done a full reinstall of ORBX (Base, Vector and OpenLC NA). In addition, I let P3D generate a new scenery.cfg and I did another reinstall of OpenLC NA, but that did not fix the problem. 

Here is a picture with OpenLC NA installed 

2018-2-21_13-30-26-151.thumb.jpg.5d3b872b89635b003d1b26b0f09471a5.jpg

Here is a picture after I uninstall OpenLC NA

2018-2-21_12-51-46-273.thumb.jpg.4baa7e104f2e29d480d19215dc0e9ffb.jpg

I've done at least three reinstalls of OpenLC NA. For one of them, I even redownloaded the product instead of using my backup. However, the issue still persists. 

Again, I'm not seeing the issue anywhere else at the moment, just around CYYZ. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, 

Arzaan 

16 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please try either uninstalling and reinstalling or repairing your P3D v4.2 client.

This seems to have fixed the problem for the others that have reported the same.

Hi Nick, I just tried that and it did not work. I have now been trying to repair the terrain.cfg file to see if that works. However, I don't have an FTXCentral/Work folder. In my sim directory I have ORBX/Scripts and no further FTXCentral directory. Where should I put the terrain.cfg file located in the forum post so that I can repair the terrain.cfg file? 

Here is a link to the original post. 

Thanks 

Okay, here is what I did since my first post. 

0. Ran the "Force Migration" command in the FTX Central settings. 

1. Uninstalled and Reinstalled P3Dv4.2 Client. 

2. Made a backup of my terrain.cfg

3. Replaced terrain.cfg with the default terrain.cfg from the forum post about morphin textures. 

4. Opened FTX Central 

However, I still have the issue. Anything else I can try?

Something quite interesting happened when I tried to a reinstall of FTX Global Base. As soon as the reinstall was complete, I loaded into KLAX and noticed that I had the black patches everywhere. I tried other airports like KSNA, KSFO and CYYZ and they all had the black patches. 

Next, I did a reinstall of Open LC NA. Afterwards, I loaded into KLAX and all the black patches were gone. I also did not see any black patches at KSNA and KSFO. However, the black patches were still there at CYYZ. It seems like this is not an "all or nothing" issue, and it has the ability to only affect a few small areas at a time. 

I've uninstalled Open LC NA for now. Hopefully a fix comes soon. 

12 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi,

Have you opted into Fastlane to get the latest Libraries that are compatible with v4.2?

I have. I doubled checked that I am a member of the fastlane, and reinstalled FTX Central, and then did a reinstall of Open LC NA. However, I still have the issue. 

9 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

isn't that just the known incompatibility with FlyTampa's landclass file? https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102216-open-lc-na-fly-tampa-toronto/?do=findComment&comment=923964

Cheers, Holger

That was it, thanks! I did not know of this issue in the past (I never had it), but getting rid of the LandClass file fixed the problem. 

Archived