Download Managers

psk2449

In all the time that I have been flight simming I have never used a Download manager. My Flight Simulator X has now corrupted and it's time to move to Prepar3D v4 and I note that it is recommended to use a Download manager. I understand the use in principal but how do you ascertain the "address" of the target program (eg such as Prepar3Dv4) and how do I set the address of the destination of my "Downloads" file?  Your advice would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Bullfox said:

is there any advantage to paying for the download manager?  Do you get a bunch of adds with the free download manager?

I have used for years and never saw one ad , it just works in background .

John

Hello,

The recommendation is only made if there are problems encountered with downloading

products using FTX Central.

A download manager's purpose is only to facilitate the download.

It cannot and does not install anything into anything.

In the case of FTX files, that is the purpose of FTX Central.

A download manager is most useful in the event of a poor connection with the source server,

as it will enable reconnection and often resuming of downloads after an interruption which

would otherwise be lost.

One the file is safely downloaded, it must still be installed using FTX Central.

Probably all download managers will have a preset target default folder for the downloaded files,

I suspect it will usually be the default Windows Downloads folder.

IDM and probably the others have the means in its preferences to amend this if required.

Archived