KSNC update 1.1 low res runway

rogera

Please read the documentation, if you are using fsx you have to change the texture max lod inside fsx.cfg if you are using p3d you have to set the texture quality to 4096px.

5 hours ago, rogera said:

Hi , since the update I have a very low resolution runway texture. I have run vector but the situation remains the same.

WFNzbhrQ_o.jpg

5 hours ago, Triplane said:

I see the same thing. Not quite as bad as you show but it's not right. The taxiway is also affected..........Doug

Hi Matteo, In order to reduce freezes and ooms (after a great deal of experimentation), I have had to keep TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024. As you probably know, texture max load, if set high can be one of the major contributors to vas usage so unfortunately that is not an option for me.

1 hour ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Please read the documentation, if you are using fsx you have to change the texture max lod inside fsx.cfg if you are using p3d you have to set the texture quality to 4096px.

My bad Matteo.....thanks.....Doug

58 minutes ago, rogera said:

Hi Matteo, In order to reduce freezes and ooms (after a great deal of experimentation), I have had to keep TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024. As you probably know, texture max load, if set high can be one of the major contributors to vas usage so unfortunately that is not an option for me.

Time to update your rig, mate, I reckon.

1 hour ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Time to update your rig, mate, I reckon.

Well Stewart, if you check my hidden content you'll see the rig isn't too shabby. I will buy a new rig for P3Dv4 eventually, but for now FsXA Dx10 plays well with my settings. I have visited many ORBX airports using texture max load 1024 without any low res runways so far!

However thank you for your interest in my pc.

9 hours ago, rogera said:

Hi, 

I can say if you put the texture_max_load to 4096 only the textures with that size will be seen in 4096. Most textures are in 1024px so if you enable the 4096 only fex textures will be seen in 4096px and i don't think this could cause freeze or a reduction of performance. Worth a try ;) if you want you could also set the texture max load to 2048.

7 hours ago, rogera said:

Well Stewart, if you check my hidden content you'll see the rig isn't too shabby. I will buy a new rig for P3Dv4 eventually, but for now FsXA Dx10 plays well with my settings. I have visited many ORBX airports using texture max load 1024 without any low res runways so far!

However thank you for your interest in my pc.

This is particular airport, is not done with the classic method, this is why i choose to use 4096px, if I had used the textures in 1024 I would have had a lot of textures and this would have been the cause of many more problems and a decrease in performance

Archived