PAEN - ai a/c disappear after landing

hjmx

As the title describes ... . This is only true for a/c larger than C172. I deactivated static a/c in CP  to have enough spots, but this does not help. IMO, this means that parking spots are smaller then the AI aircraft's wingspan. Could the developer please fix it?

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

Then I would have that problem at other ORBX airports too . And as I described in my first post, this is a known problem when the a/c spot on airports are smaller than the wingspan of the landing a/c. I will try fix this myself If don't get help.

• 1 month later...

As much as I appreciate the support in ORBX forums, I am a bit disappointed this time. I checked the ADE file of PAEN and found only a very small amount of parking spots: Only 6 or 7 and  except one, all with small radii (6.1m). IMO the disappearing a/c (after landing) is because of faulty design. Please proof me wrong or give a solution.

Cheers,

Edit: The topic should better be placed in the correct FTX/P3D support forum. (Sorry, my mistake)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 4:41 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

I think there is a problem with your addon traffic programs, please ask them to fix.  :)

As I said already, I really wish I could get a more valuable answer.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:50 PM, hjmx said:

Please proof me wrong or give a solution.

A meanwhile disappointed user!

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

The PAEN version 1.20 is still deficient in parking spaces.  Just load P3D v4.5 and select parking spaces to park an aircraft at to start and you'll find just 1 medium sized spot available and about 4 small ones.  For such a busy and good sized airport with many, many parking spaces on the ground, the visuals and the actual parking spots available just don't come close.  I like the looks of the airport (thank you team) but not the number of parking spaces for aircraft.  There is no rotating beacon either.  I noted the same back in 2014 and Neil was kind enough to add two attachments for hotfixing those issues.  I applied them again now in 2019 and the parking spaces vastly improved up to 24 small spots and 1 medium one, but there was still no rotating beacon (there was years ago when I recall adding his hotfixes at that time).  Those downloads are on page 3 if you enter PAEN in the search box and scroll down on page 3.  Just add the PAEN_ADE file to get the extra parking spots.  The other two don't seem to matter.  Thanks for your good work overall.  Bruce

Here is what Neil wrote back to me at the time....

Hi Again

I've attached a folder with files that are to go into: ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_PAEN/Scenery to replace the ones with the same names.  This will supply 20 add'l parking spaces and a working beacon.  Please try these and let me know if they work OK.  Don't set GA traffic density to 100% or all the parking spaces will be filled up.

13 hours ago, mtn1794 said:

Those downloads are on page 3 if you enter PAEN in the search box and scroll down on page 3.  Just add the PAEN_ADE file to get the extra parking spots.  The other two don't seem to matter.  Thanks for your good work overall.  Bruce

Could you please be more specific? I have no I idea what search box you mean.

Ok. Thanks. But what I don't understand, why PAEN has never been officially updated with a better airport file. I've now downloaded those 3 files which are already 5 (!) years old. I hope it is safe to use them.

Archived