FSX Acceleration with Preview DirectX 10 enabled

reddaisy

Hi Guys,

I have Preview DirectX 10 enabled in FSX Acceleration. Does anybody know how to remove the Microsoft Splash Screen that is appearing in my scenery? Please see attached screen shots. This happens with any aircraft loaded.

Kindest regards

Colin

Splash Screen.jpg

Splash Screen1.jpg

Hi Nick,

It's absolutely fine in Dx9. Or should I say it was absolutely fine the last time I tried it. The reason I changed to Dx10 was because whenever I started FSX, I got as far as a black screen in the aircraft preview window and FSX would not go any further. Sometimes I was trying to start FSX at least 6 times before it would eventually load correctly. If you know the answer as to how I can resolve that issue without having to revert to Dx10, I would be most grateful. The other issue I am having with Dx10 is some of my older payware aircraft (I only use payware) only have white textures!!

Ron,

Thank you for pointing me in the direction of Steve's Dx10 fixer, I'll give it a try.

Kindest regards

Colin  

Hello,

you could try deleting the Shaders.

You can find them at C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX,

delete both Shaders and Shaders 10.

You might even find that after doing that, the Dx9 mode will work again.

FS9 aircraft textures will show as white in the Dx10 mode.

Hi Nick,

I did as you suggested and went to C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and deleted the Shaders and Shaders 10 directories together with their sub directories to the recycle bin. I then tried to start FSX. It went through the procedure of "Loading Terrain Data - Creating World Wide Weather and then Loading Air, Land, and sea Traffic". Then FSX disappeared of the screen but the FSX icon remained in the task bar at the bottom of my screen along with my ChasePlane icon. I clicked on the FSX icon but it did nothing. I then closed FSX and ChasePlane via the Task Manager\Applications. I then went to the recycle bin and the Shaders and the Shaders 10 directories and clicked on Restore, which then replaced them to C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX. I restarted FSX but the same thing happened again. I rebooted my computer tried to start FSX yet again and exactly the same thing happened. So now I am completely stuffed, I can't even start FSX.

Would it be possible for you to place your FSX Shaders and Shaders 10 directories into a zip file and email them to me at colinthomas1945@gmail.com

I can't think of another way to get me back to square one. In hindsight, I should have copied the Shaders and Shaders 10 directories to another place before I deleted them.

Your assistance would be most gratefully appreciated.

Kindest regards

Colin 

Hello Colin,

those two folders are recreated each time that FSX starts, unless they are already in place.

If yours is not recreating them, try editing the fsx.cfg file from 

[GRAPHICS]
D3D10=1

to

[GRAPHICS]
D3D10=0

and try again.

What is created relies on a different folder, I could send you a default copy of that.

Hi Nick,

Not only does FSX now work, it also appears that the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" splash screen the was corrupting my scenery, has now disappeared.

You're a damn genius Nick.

Thank you most sincerely

Do I now leave D3D10= set to "0" or change it back to "1"?

Kindest regards

Colin 

Hi Nick,

With regard to my other comment in this post concerning white textures on some of my older payware aircraft (which by the way are all compatible with FSX). I have taken Ron Attwood's advice and looked up Steve's DX10 Fixer and apparently in Steve's program, you can change "individual" aircraft from DX10 back to DX9. Are you familiar with, or do you have this program installed yourself. If so, can you possibly confirm that individual aircraft can be changed back to DX9 with DX10 enabled in FSX?

Kindest regards

Colin  

Hello Colin,

yes, I am very familiar with the Direct X 10 fixer.

It doesn't change anything from Dx9 or Dx10 but it instead corrects the errors in the FSX "Preview Direct X 10"

so that it can display Fs9 aircraft models as their developers intended.

Additionally, the Fixer has a toolbox which allows one to amend very old texture formats and fix missing lights at

old add on airports.

The Fixer and its cloud shadow add on, a bit more to pay, will transform both the look and the performance of FSX

and is worth every penny.

It comes with a very detailed manual written in plain English which explains exactly what it does and how to make it

do it.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the very helpful information. I am going to invest in Steve's DX10 Fixer with the cloud shadow add on as you have recommended.

This post can now be marked as satisfactorily resolved.

Many thanks once again.

Kindest regards

Colin

Hi Nick,

Following on from one of your comments above, every time I now start FSX, all I get is the FSX icon in the task bar and I have to go into Task Manager to maximize it.

Is there a way to maximize FSX without going into Task Manager each time?

Kindest regards

Colin

Hi Nick & Ron,

I purchased Steve's DX10 Fixer and that seems to have resolved the majority of my problems with white textures on my aircraft. Steve advises customers that his software does not increase performance, but I have noticed a marked improvement in my frame rates since installing his software.

The "Flight Simulator X" appeared the following day in my scenery after deleting the Shaders and Shaders 10 directories. I deleted the directories again which appears to have resolved the problem once more, but for how long is anybody's guess.

I always close my programs by using the "X" in the top right corner of the application. I have followed some instructions I found on the web about maximising windows, but that doesn't appear to have resolved the issue, so it's back to the Task Manager every time I want to start FSX. It looks as though I'm back to flogging dead horses!!

If I do find the answer I'll add it to the end of this topic. Thank you both for responding.

Kindest regards

Colin

59 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Ron,

It's one way of getting FSX back if, as it sometimes does, it starts but is not visible on the screen.

If it's not happened to you, then good.

Aah. Now I understand. That has happened to me and dealt with as per Smudger.

Hi Guys,

Right, I've found the answer to the FSX icon on the task bar. A few minutes ago I right clicked on the FSX icon on the task bar and it gave me three options FSX Acceleration, Unpin this program from the task bar and Close Window. I clicked on the Unpin this program from the task bar. To make sure it would work correctly, I shut my computer down, then rebooted it and loaded FSX. Bob's your uncle Fanny's your aunt, it worked.

So now you three wise men (Nick, Ron and Smudger) will know the answer if some other poor soul gets into this predicament.

I'm going to put it down to operator error. At some stage I must have pinned FSX to the task bar.

This still doesn't explain why the sun in FSX is in a box in my scenery!!

Kindest regards

Colin

2 hours ago, reddaisy said:

This still doesn't explain why the sun in FSX is in a box in my scenery!!

Hi,

I had a simular situation in Prepar3DV4. The reason was, I take a exchange texture sun fom REX. Going back to original sun-texture the problem was gone.

Did you made something like that ?

Hi Richard,

I carried out a repair to FSX but that did not resolve my problem.

Hi Hal9000

I do not use REX although I have in the past, currently I use AS16 and that software does not give you the option to change sun textures.

Kindest regards

Colin

Archived