France scenery

ROLSTON

I don't expect to see it.

You certainly know there is another developer active in the field. Bad point they are not willing to cooperate with ORBX in any way to make both compatible (I say this despite expecting bitchy remarks the ball being in the court of ORBX). This would leave room for an FTX-specific version, and I would certainly enjoy it (I keep completely away from that other developer for the named reason) but I am not sure the potential remaining user base being big enough making development profitable.

Perhaps Maurizio's upcoming Cote d’Azur can gauge interest among ORBX users.

Kind regards, Michael

There's a ton of France scenery available.  Start with OpenLC Europe.  Then Vector.  Add Orbx free Europe airports.  Then go to the Free FSX/P3D list.  You'll find LOTS of nice airports and PoI programs.  And they're all FREE.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, the other France product I have tried in part is VFR,  but I think the colour saturation and mesh of this product is not at all realistic.
I would much prefer an Orbx  France, I have the excellent  England and Wales Horizon scenery and Orbx Scotland and Germany north.
How would the installation of Open LC Europe and Vector be installed without disturbing these ? 

Hello,

FTXCentral will place them automatically without disturbing anything, you would need to check your library insertion points are correct in FTXCentral - Settings.

As in the image, it should be:

All your other 3rd party addon scenery

FTX

OLC 

All the default named scenery down to Africa

VECTOR

All the other default base scenery

Orbx library order.jpg

I would like Orbx to cover all of Europe one day, but to be realistic, we can adopt a few band-aid measures.

I've got 40-odd French scenery items on top of Orbx landclass & vector. They are generally not airports but VFR features (I have a few fields which don't seem to clash, but it's always trial and error and dumping a nice field because of floating grass). There is a pack of nice chateaux in the Loire valley, which work in FS9 or FSX. With Orbx vector, there's a slight conflict where two different river banks show at a couple, but I've kept them anyway. Purists may not, or someone may find a fix. I just fly by at a little distance and don't look at the water ;) Here's what I mean;-
5a61379c61c79_loirechat.jpg.624e0c8cae7a12718171516b835fcb38.jpg

Also there is an Alsace VFR pack which adds numerous stately structures. Nothing's perfect, there's a beer brewery that looks oversize to me, but 95% is a good hit rate. There are some nice addons at Lorient - an old coastal fort and the former U-boat pens - and in general it's just a matter of browse and try. The net result is that I am committed to a tour of France trying to identify things which are bad fits. Not many are.
Sources are mixed but very easy to find. I'll help if anyone is really stuck.

• 1 year later...

Only a small reminder that there already exists Spain UHD and it makes a lot of sense to me to "connect" OrbX TE UK via OrbX TE France with Spain UHD but not to replace Spain UHD with OrbX Spain. This is simply because Spain UHD is free and amazing quality. In that respect you could face problems selling TE Spain whereas TE France would be the ideal upgrade to many people who went this route, especially if the number of Spain UHD users increases (disk space and convenience of download being the only thing holding them back for now).

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am new in the forum, but using ORBX since a long time on FSX.. As I am French, I am asking if ORBX developper team will plan to issue France scenery as already existing for England, Germany, Ireland, Norway ... in Europe.  Any forecast ?

On 8/18/2019 at 3:35 PM, Jm70s said:

Hi, I am new in the forum, but using ORBX since a long time on FSX.. As I am French, I am asking if ORBX developper team will plan to issue France scenery as already existing for England, Germany, Ireland, Norway ... in Europe.  Any forecast ?

bonjour 

As far as  we know, there is no such a plan

Archived