Monument valley

Jos Vermeulen

I just installed Monument valley scenery among others (order id 5a38dc422d90f ). Upon loading A plane at  UT25 I see planes, cars buildings floating in the air. When I take off there is an immediate crash of the plane.

I use global, vector, and sceney of Europe, N-America, Australia, New-Zealand.

I have this same problem<both in P3D versions 3 and 4 installed on separate computers.

Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks for your support, otherwise great stuff.

Jos

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 7:52 AM, Jos Vermeulen said:

Nick,

Many thanks, your advice did the trick; one question though: is this common or exceptional and what is the reason, programming error or??

Regards from Belgium and a fine festive season.

Jos

Just curious myself and would like to know why  this error is appearing....

Regards,

Rob

Hello,

FTX Vector has a feature named "Airport Elevation Correction", AEC for short.

Its purpose it to correct visual errors introduced to add on airports if Pilot's

(or other) mesh products are used.

The Vector developers decided on parameters for their database and if the actual

add on airport does not conform, Vector causes errors such as that described above.

For this reason, provision was made to disable the AEC, either automatically or

manually if anomalies appear.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.  I just installed Monument Valley myself and had the same issue as the OP.  Utilizing your "fix" posted above corrected the issue.  But, I was just curious as to "what" was causing the error to begin with.   If I might ask, is there supposed to be a control panel with this scenery??  The manual references a control panel  however the control panel button is greyed out in FTX Central v3. 

Regards,

Rob

• 4 months later...

Nick:

I downloaded Monument Valley yesterday, and have been having the same problems as identified above.  Several hours of frustration led me to the forum for help.  As I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer (actually, my drawer is empty) when it comes to making changes in FTXCentral 3, it took me some time to figure out how to disable AEC for UT25.  Finally.........flying.  Just a suggestion, perhaps it could be helpful if this was put in the User Guide for Monument Valley.

Regards,

-Jim

When Monument Valley was first released I had problems with floating terrain etc.  Another person posted a solution that worked for me so the Monument Valley display properly.

I quote his reply to remove a file from "Utah Complete" if you have that scenery installed.  It may work for the problems in the posts above.

If you have James Udall's scenery of Utah Complete (a nice addition), file cvxLAKEPOWELL.bgl intrudes upon Monument Valley so it should be removed. 

Archived