ILS no morse code sound on NAV1 radio

reddaisy

Hi Guys,

Please see the attached file.

Can anybody please help.

When I'm sitting on the end of runway 8 at EGKK in FSX and I tune my NAV1 radio to frequency 110.90 I cannot hear any morse code sounds. However, if I tune the NAV2 radio to the same setting, I do hear the morse code sounds.

As well as having FSX, I also have P3Dv4.1. If I use the same settings in P3Dv4.1 I do not have any problems.

This would leave me to believe that this problem is not related to a Windows setting, but a setting somewhere within my FSX NAV1 radio.

Kindest regards

Colin

ILS Morse Code Sound.jpg

1 hour ago, reddaisy said:

Please see the attached file.

If that behaviour is with the setting shown then perhaps NAV1 and NAV2 are reversed on the audio panel. I am presuming you tried toggling NAV1 on and off. You might try selecting BOTH on the audio panel if it's (implemented). On the off-chance that you have a GNS530 GPS running, that duplicates NAV1 and has its own audio toggle button.

Otherwise, dunno :)

Hi Guys,

As an update I would advise you that the problem only occurs with the default Cessna C172SP it used to work okay in the past. I have tried other aircraft and they appear to work correctly

Does anybody know where I can download  a copy of the default original Cessna C172SP aircraft.cfg file from. I can only imagine something must have changed inside that file. Somebody on the other hand might be able to email me a copy of the file, after all it's only a text file.

MarkH,

I'll give your suggestion a try later.

Kindest regards

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick,

Firstly let me apologise for not getting back to you earlier.

I tried your aircraft.cfg file that you kindly left for me to try, but unfortunately I am still in the same position. I have no morse code sounds on my Nav 1 radio, but I do have morse code sounds on my Nav 2 radio in the default C172.

I don't suppose you can suggest anything else I could try?

Kindest regards

Colin

Archived