FTX Norway: land instead of frozen water

Dmitriy Kozyrev

Hi.

I have a problem with FTX Norway: when switching to "Frozen surface" in FTX Central, all nearby water gets replaced with land textures (see screenshots, those are from Alesund). After opening Norway settings once again, both options ("Open water" and "Frozen surface") are inactive.

I have the latest versions of FTX Central, FTX Global, FTX Norway, OpenLC EU, OpenLC NA and ORBX Libraries.

I'm using P3Dv4.1 (latest version) and Windows 10 (also, latest version). This is almost clean P3D installation (except from ORBX stuff and a couple of aircrafts): no FS Global, no REX, no scenery, no airports, nothing. Season in P3D set to winter (December, 25).

- I've tried to delete ORBX\User Documents\Versions\FTX_EU_NOR.TXT and re-downloading FTX Norway.

- Files in ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_06_CVX\scenery gets renamed correctly (cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_XXX_winter.bgl and cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_XXX_summer.bgl.OFF). 195 files in total.

- Migration troubleshooter says that everything is fine.

- Tried "Force Migration" multiple times, doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

2017-12-4_23-24-41-655.thumb.jpg.afb462a27cdba1f7c46b7599d720f75c.jpg

2017-12-4_23-24-49-398.thumb.jpg.03a0c849c0213dc15cac999eda76f627.jpg

Hi

Please first apply the below procedure.

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Cheers

Doug

5 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

As mentioned, I have no 3rd party scenery. ORBX entries are at the very top of my scenery.cfg, just where FTX Central put them:

5a265e7932e86_Screenshot-05_12.201711_49_23.png.de56ac342cea5f0fdf7709f0aae9124e.png

• Nick Cooper changed the title to FTX Norway: land instead of frozen water

It has been reported, as mentioned in the other topic that you read and the error will be corrected,

as it also states in the other topic.

In the meantime, it is a good thing that yours now works.

Thanks are also due to Fred (Sundancer) who isolated the missing file.

Archived