FTX GLOBAL or ??

por930

With the great sale now, it made me start looking at adding some more of the great airport and sceneries from ORBX. I am a little? confused about the relationship of say FTX Global Base Pack and FTX Vector, FTX Global open LC etc....

I was looking at getting  NZQN, and see it also requires NZ South Island. Some other airports say you need at least FTX Global Base Pack, while others may say you need something else possibly pertinent to the airports location.

Is there a distinct order of installation..eg, you must have the FTX Global Base Pack, before FTX Vector, before FTX Global LC, and say NZQN  and then there is the actual countries, like NZ South Island etc. Does the mesh get better as we go up the Global tree?

The regions are complete. So they have their own textures, mesh and details including POI's. Most regions have enhanced airports. So if an airport like NZQN says that you need the North Island region, then that is all that is required in addition to NZQN.

I recall a comment in the forum saying that regions have the required enhanced airports, other than if ORBX have a payware version of an airport from that region. If so, then you need to buy the airport scenery as well.

I will have to research the differences between FTX Global Base Pack and FTX Vector, and FTX Global open LC etc....sort of sounds like a stepping stone...it gets better as one builds on the other. 

Hi,

Into a FTX Region, most of airports are redone with generic ORBX library and elevation fitted to the customed mesh (except IRL and NIR). If you want extra detailled airports, you can get some from ORBX which replaced the customed one from the region. Feel free to read descriptions of the products  into ORBX Direct.

In case you use a third party airport, you have to make it right by excluding manually some FTX files.

Just saw this in a post from Nick, Sums up my question about the differences perfectly.

"In a nutshell,

FTX Global Base replaces all the default textures.

FTX Global Open LC rearranges these textures to better reflect what is there in the real world.

FTX Global Vector corrects coastlines, rivers, lakes, roads, railways and power lines.

From this, you can see that Open LC and Vector are enhancements to Global Base but they are

not required."

..........Matter resolved........

I agree though that even the order in the shop can be confusing as for example you will find European airfields in the Europe section AND in the Global section.

The shop works as follows:

GLOBAL - global addons like Global Base, Vector, openLC and airports which don't require a FTX region as a precondition to work (but may require Global Base)

EUROPE, NORTH AMERICA, OCEANIA - FTX Regions which belong to the named region and airfields which require one of these FTX regions as a precondition.

Yes, all the choices and combinations gave me reason to say, Ummmm what goes with what and which gives the best bang for the buck. Nicks comments answered what the various 'levels' do? Seems the Global Base Pack appears a common requirement, so that is a must. And yes Rongor, it took a bit of time to find LOWI!!

So, I have made my choices for purchases, I have a choice to do this through FTX Central or offline? My office machine, which does not have FTX Central, has the download manager. As some of these downloads are a tad large, using the download manager machine makes sense, otherwise many hours for downloads using my flight sim machine. 

How do I get my FTX account to see the FTX downloads contained on a portable drive connection, and no need to re-download again? 

Archived