P3D 4.1 This doesn't look right

Meta

I installed Global, Vector and OpenClass NA, FTX Trees last night...went to bed.  Got up this morning and took a flight.    This picture is departing KFLL Fort Lauderdale looking south.  It's spring and my sliders are almost full right.  Maybe it's me but it looked a lot better in 3.4.  Is it normal to look like this?  Any idea what, if anything, went wrong?

P3D4 departing KFLL looking south...

z1lxt3Z.jpg

Here's me flying in the same area in P3D3...

dtnDhiJ.jpg

45 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I wonder if it is the speed trees that have changed the look for you.

Try unticking 3D autogen vegetation, restart P3D and see if it looks better to you. 

Good thought...unfortunately, didn't work.  Also, I should mention that, even in summer, the trees ate pale green.

45 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Sometimes, apparently, it doesn't work the first time.

Perhaps double check the tick box and restart.

Your shot does show the 3D autogen and the trees are much too light green.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Trees and OpenLC NA then restarted and it's good now.  Not sure which it was but it's good.

Please try this:

There should be no need to reinstall Open LC or the HD trees.

Unless the 3D autogen vegetation is not ticked, HD trees will not display and you will see the 3D trees

instead, which are too brightly coloured for the surrounding scenery.

You cannot see 3D trees and normal autogen trees at the same time.

On 27.11.2017 at 3:11 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Please try this:

There should be no need to reinstall Open LC or the HD trees.

Unless the 3D autogen vegetation is not ticked, HD trees will not display and you will see the 3D trees

instead, which are too brightly coloured for the surrounding scenery.

You cannot see 3D trees and normal autogen trees at the same time.

Now HD Trees work for me, too. Unticking this box AND re-starting the simulator. I've read the documentation twice now, and this little "detail" is not in it, although it is important.

I wonder how many people install HD Trees, think "they look the same as before" and conclude that the product doesn't meet their expectations.

• 3 weeks later...

Reading this thread, I am not quite sure what to do? With pictures saying more than a thousand words;

01.jpg.d55b403092d6711b3bf96ef210db4ee5.jpg

This is real-world

02.jpg.791eded21ec93c3c77432173dcc53319.jpg

This is in P3D4.1 + FTX Global Base Pack + FTX Global Vector + FTX Global OpenLC Europe

03.jpg.630fc6f5e3f028418ab2afa7717edecc.jpg

These are the trees that are too bright

04.jpg.84f101059eb2bb681e91bc776fc195a0.jpg

Making it appear like this

What should I do in my configuration (P3D4.1 + FTX Global Base Pack + FTX Global Vector + FTX Global OpenLC Europe) to remove/replace the bright trees?

Thank you. The bright-green-trees are gone with switching-off the dynamic autogen vegetation.

FPS is not an issue, as I first bought a high-end computer before buying P3D4.1 and FTX. The black spots on the water disappear/re-appear even when slewing slowly towards/away from near the black spot. I notice black spots at places adjacent to land (lakes/rivers). I saw something about 'DX10' in the forums. It's something I yet have to figure out. I am not sure what is causing it, but it is less disturbing than the too-bright-green-trees.

Regards,

Archived