Installing ORBX for FSX Steam if you already have P3D

I am already using Orbx scenery in P3D v4. . . works great  . . . I want to use some "legacy" aircraft from FSX days that won't load in P3D, so I installed FSX SE

Can I safely install FTX with Global LC trees etc into a FSX STEAM folder. I assume I can't just copy the scenery folders. and need to do a fresh Install or can I somehow edit my FSX STEAM scenery cfg to look at the scenery in P3DV4?
Thanks

cookeindlh

FTX Order numbers

FSS0371275

FSS0382799

FSS0453893

FSS0432791

No, you can't use the Prepar3d4 FTX sceneries for FSX Stream as the files are at least partially different. However, FTX Central 3 should give you an option  for FSX Steam Edition upon start. Select it and you will see all sceneries you own. From there, you can install them the same way you did for Prepar3d4, which implies redownloading.

I have all ORBX sceneries installed into Prepar3d4 and a few of them just for comparison into FSX:SE.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks for the quick reply guys . . I Started up FTX Central and selected FSX STEAM edition, Downloaded Orbx Libraries and it seemed to install  ok but everything else is blank EU NA etc. I went to install OpenLC Europe and OpenLC N America Alaska and Canada as well as FTX Global Vector and Trees that I have already purchased and using in P3DV4 and they're selection on my FTX Global Range is all BLANK. . do I have to buy them again to use them in FSX SE? . .  or how do I get my FSX scenery to display like ? Are those textures and scenery still available for FSX SE or do changes I make to them in P4D become evident in FSX SE?

Thanks

cookedinlh

Hi Nick . . . I was able to finally install and configure all of my Orbx files not and they perform just the same as P3D. Thanks so much for the quick responses . .  without a few key facts like Orbx STEAM files are actually different, I would have be floundering around frustrated with Orbx and not getting anywhere. Much appreciate as I get to do a lot more flying now than SIM research and maintenance.

Thanks for being there

Cookedinlh

Archived