Morphing exclusively around the California region.

Method

Hi all, recently I posted a topic in another part of this forum to talk about a problem in my Sim (P3D V4.1) which I thought was attributed to FSDT KLAX. However after further research I believe that this is incorrect. 

Here is the link to the thread to give you a basic idea of the problems I have been facing which Stew has helped me identify as morphing and tried to help me by redirecting me to some possible fixes (Holger's fix). These however have had no avail at helping my problem.  This is a link to the previous forum which contains numerous screenshots of the problem I am facing, as well as shots of my scenery library and settings. If need be I can gladly move all the screenshots here its just that there are so many.

The problem seems to be exclusive to California, but if I do further find other areas I will update. Any advice would be great as to how to solve my problem.

Hi there,

texture morphing indicates that the sim can't find the correct ground textures, thus displaying random textures instead.

First thing I'd do is run the Force Migration from FTX Central's settings menu to ensure that the issue isn't with Orbx Global or openLC. If you get all-greens with this then the problem might be incompatible third-party landclass files at higher display priority and you can to test this by temporarily unchecking any entries above the Orbx block that may contain landclass for California.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, Good to have a Developer give some advice :).

Anyway, I have just tried your suggestions and none held any results, however I am still optimistic we can solve this problem. 

From the beginning the steps I took are as follows:

Force migrated my FTX Central which seemed to work fine, I'm not sure what you mean by "all greens" if you just mean it worked without an error message or it is supposed to display something. None the less that sadly didn't work. 

After that I made my way to my scenery library to begin disabling things that may have inhibited textures from loading correctly such as FSDT KLAX and FlightBeam KSFO, however neither of these worked. I also went into my scenery.cfg editor and noticed that Base was above both NA1, NA2 and EU1 so I placed it at the bottom but still that made non difference.

Also just a question, when I disabled my FSDT KLAX and loaded into the default, this is what I saw when lined up on 7L:

https://gyazo.com/a3349e14ddd0d5ff308c2d89c7c59ebe

Obviously, there is no problem since I use scenery for this airport, but was just wondering what might cause that.

Here I will attach my scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg in a paste bin if you want to look over that to see if there is anything wrong. Any further advice would be great, these 2 airports matter to me a fair bit, even as an Aussie ahah.

scenery.cfg : https://pastebin.com/yjdbbNgk

terrain.cfg : https://pastebin.com/0y20Epjf (obviously there is way to much in here to just read so if there is anything important that you can quickly pick up that would be great)

scenery config editor priority: https://gyazo.com/4190c73f05b334dcd77214dc65d9aa99 (top)

https://gyazo.com/45f40d3152e9f15f217f1c090735bd7a

AEC is straight above default.

Hi all, to quickly update I have actually found a solution the problem thank god :D. The problem was relating to 2 files inside ORBX/UserDocuments called FTX_OLC_NA1 and FTX_OLC_NA, which when deleted fixed the problem.

3 hours ago, Method said:

Hi all, to quickly update I have actually found a solution the problem thank god :D. The problem was relating to 2 files inside ORBX/UserDocuments called FTX_OLC_NA1 and FTX_OLC_NA, which when deleted fixed the problem.

Curious why deleting those two documents would solve the morphing problem, since they don't directly affect terrain loading, only provide a "latest version date" for the benefit of FTX Central.  :blink:

3 hours ago, Method said:

This will tell FTXC3 that OpenLCNA is no longer installed, then if you reinstalled it from FTXC3 that may very well have fixed your issue....

Ok thanks for the reply fellas. Just to confirm even though it fixed the problem, is there any negative affects that could have come from deleteing those 2 files? Since I did notice that in FTXC3 it said it wasn’t installed but it clearly was in the sim. FYI, this is where I found the solution, if you read my previous thread the  problem looks identical, and in the EXACT same regions and locations:  

2 minutes ago, Method said:

I did notice that in FTXC3 it said it wasn’t installed but it clearly was in the sim.

This is correct, but you will still need to click on the OpenLCNA in FTXC3 to reinstall at which time it will only download and install the missing or damaged files....this is what took place in the above post you linked to that corrected that users issue.

Cheers 

Doug

Archived