Palm Spring Elevation

Benny

13 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Hi, Benny.  Palm Springs requires you to disable the elevation correction via the Vector AEC routine.  You can run the correction manually (enter KPSP on the left hand side, etc.) instead of automatically.

I guess I'm stupid Steward, I don't even get what you are saying? the Vector AEC routine??????

Ben

Hi, Benny.  I guess my post wasn't clear:  If you have Vector installed, there is an AEC tool with which you can disable elevation corrections Vector makes to its database of airports.  KPSP is one of those which Vector makes an elevation change.  However, it shouldn't make this change, so you have to disable the correction Vector makes to KPSP's elevation.  I'm not on my flight sim rig atm, otherwise I could show you a screenshot of the Vector gui and the tab which enables the user to make automatic or manual elevation corrections.

2 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Hi, Benny.  I guess my post wasn't clear:  If you have Vector installed, there is an AEC tool with which you can disable elevation corrections Vector makes to its database of airports.  KPSP is one of those which Vector makes an elevation change.  However, it shouldn't make this change, so you have to disable the correction Vector makes to KPSP's elevation.  I'm not on my flight sim rig atm, otherwise I could show you a screenshot of the Vector gui and the tab which enables the user to make automatic or manual elevation corrections.

Many thanks, I will try to find where that Airport Elevation Control tool is.

If not I screenshot would be appreciated

Ben

Archived