I There is One Thing that Annoys Me

fltsimguy

I load up a flight and notice, once again, that my scenery is all out of whack, textures all wrong.

I know I've seen this before, I go to my scenery.cfg file only to find that the darn Open Land Class has moved to the top of the priority pile again.

Every time my Central is updated, I seem to loose my insertion points and it screws up my scenery order, and lately this has occurred many times.

Man I wish they would fix this! I've take to backup my scenery.cfg file everytime I add a new layer because I hate fixing the darn thing resetting itself...and yes I do have the insertion points correctly set.

7 minutes ago, KVSandleben said:

I know this probably an annoying question but:

Are you 100% positively sure?

Have you hit the save button after setting them? I for sure forgot that at the beginning.

Fair enough question. 100% sure, and saved. It was working beautiful, added several airports....had not used central in a while, loaded it up got the new update and presto the scenery config is reset OLC moved to top.

I'm moving the layers, resetting (and saving) the insertion points again.

Bryan

Don't know what you guys do to FTXC3, but I have all the default settings in both FSX and P3DV4 and all my scenery works like a charm.  Never fiddle with the default installations and never fiddle with scenery.cfg or any other file.  And it all works perfectly.

9 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

Fair enough question. 100% sure, and saved. It was working beautiful, added several airports....had not used central in a while, loaded it up got the new update and presto the scenery config is reset OLC moved to top.

I'm moving the layers, resetting (and saving) the insertion points again.

Bryan

Hello Bryan,

This is how the FTX Central Insertion Point tool should be used.

Untitled.jpg

If you are sure that this is what you have done and yet FTX Central does not follow it, please post your scenery.cfg file,

so that we can see why this is happening.

Hi Nick, sorry been busy on real world life.

My insertion points are exactly like that. I have some 20-30 layers above the FTX world, some paywares and freewares.

For some reason with this latest update, the OpenLC was moved to the top of the pile.  And this happened to me before. I have pressed the "saved" button and moved on.

I do however notice that when I go to the scenery pages but return to the settings page, that the save button is blue not greyed out.

On 03/11/2017 at 9:05 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Bryan,

This is how the FTX Central Insertion Point tool should be used.

Untitled.jpg

If you are sure that this is what you have done and yet FTX Central does not follow it, please post your scenery.cfg file,

so that we can see why this is happening.

HI Nick.

I just bought Germany South and installed, as well, I did the Ganges Update. Further I installed an addon scenery. All successfully. No reorder of scenery layers moving the Orbx OpenLC to the top.

So, the issue that surfaced was when I updated the Central to new version. Perhaps I needed to reset the Library Insert Points after updating Central.

If my scenery layers get jumbled again when there is a Central update, I'll be back to try to isolate what might be the issue.

Bryan

Archived