Autogen buildings way to bright

Hi, i was just wondering why the textures on autogen buildings is way to bright for me. It is not realistic at all, and it is really annoying. The problem is especially visible in the big cities, when you have those tall city blocks and other large buildings. You can also see that the bulidings have a yellow/brown-ish colour, meanwhile the tall buildings in the center is white. It is not so visible during day time, however during night you can really spot the diffrence. The image down below is from Frankfurt. I have ftx globe base pack installed and running p3d v4.1

2017-10-27_19-55-22-844.jpg

Hi there,

those bright buildings aren't autogen but rather the default landmark buildings and their textures. Even within FTX Regions we tend to keep those buildings as they are because it makes more sense to spend our limited budget on modeling landmarks that don't exist already than to re-make the existing ones (though we do occasionally replace some that are just too poorly modeled in the default version).

You could track down the default night textures and alter them yourself to your liking with a texture editing tool. They are in located in the respective \Scenery\Cities\ subfolders as well as the default regional folders, e.g., \Scenery\EURE\texture. 

I'd assume that our planned Buildings HD project would improve on the existing default landmark day and night textures but we don't have a release date for it yet: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/138232-whats-happened-to-orbx-building-project/?do=findComment&comment=1223157

Cheers, Holger

Hi Niklas - you may like to take a look at PTA for P3D. It has all sorts of functions that might allow you to tweak the lighting of autogen, based on the time of day (or night, in this case).

I'll try Frankfurt and see if I can persuade PTA to do something to those buildings in particular.

Adam.

Archived