FTX Global Kitchener Ontario elevation wrong

Philip Curwen

Hi all, just purchased the FTX Global for Prepar3D. I did my first flight into Kitchener Waterloo (CYKF) and the Grand river that runs near the airport is completely wrong. In real life the river is approx 10ft below the airport elevation but in FTX Global its more like 100ft below creating a huge cliff at the end of the runway lol. Is this what I should be expecting from this add on?

Cheers

Phil.

Thanks for the screenshot.  Yes, that's definitely a problem.  There should not be a conflict between UTX Canada and Global Base that would cause this elevation problem, since both have to do with textures and not airport elevation.  It seems clear that there is a conflict between two sets of scenery, but it's not UTX Canada and FTX Global Base.  You will have to give more information about what scenery you have installed and what your scenery.cfg file looks like, relative positions of entries, etc.  A look at the Insertion Point Tool in FTX Central might fix the problem.  How familiar are you with Orbx products?

Hello Phil

I used all UTX 2.0 products and with the same problems earlier in 2014 because I also used the UTX Scenerys with ORBX together. Due to numerous high-altitude problems with different Airports in ORBX NA, ORBX Australia 4.1 and ORBX NZ, I switched to FTX Global Vector.

The ORBX World harmonizes much better without UTX.

Ted

7 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Thanks for the screenshot.  Yes, that's definitely a problem.  There should not be a conflict between UTX Canada and Global Base that would cause this elevation problem, since both have to do with textures and not airport elevation.  It seems clear that there is a conflict between two sets of scenery, but it's not UTX Canada and FTX Global Base.  You will have to give more information about what scenery you have installed and what your scenery.cfg file looks like, relative positions of entries, etc.  A look at the Insertion Point Tool in FTX Central might fix the problem.  How familiar are you with Orbx products?

No, UTX is primarily vector data, hence there is a good chance it’s to do with this. 

Hello Glenn yes you are right - I had forgotten that I also use openLC North America and there were then problems with UTX & ORBX.

I see you come from Gananoque, very nice corner in Ontario - I took my first Flight Lesson in Smith Falls near Perth with a Cessan 172 :-)

Ted

Hello Phillip

I'm sorry that my suggestion did not work - removing CYKF files. 

Perhaps you look again in the P3D - World - Scenery folder for files in it with CYKF. I can remember the UTX Software install numerous files in 
Scenery-World-Scenery folder during the installation. 

So in principle it should work with UTX Canada and FS Global - as Nick said - it is only Vector data with roads, rivers railway lines etc. But nevertheless I
recommend you to purchase FS Vector. With the UTX Software are only parts covered (North America, Alaska, Canada & Europe, and if you've got it all, it's about $ 150.

And for FS Vector it's only $79.95 AUD - and the whole world is covered with Vector Data.

I did not want to separate myself from UTX for a long time since I already used the product in FS 9, FSX, P3D. I had bought just before I bought 
FS Vector UTX USA 2.0 but sometimes you just have to make a decision... 

Ted :-)

Archived