Oslo Downtown Autogen hole (missing autogen buildings)

dekla24

Hi all,

I have a weird problem with my new FTX region Norway. 

For some reason in the center of Oslo where the custom buildings are, there is no autogen. There's literally a hole but you can see the autogen in the distance in the screenshots.

I've seen a similar but much much smaller area like that in Stavanger, there I thought it was just because I didn't have Autogen all the way up. I've tried it with the maximum autogen density and it looked the same. Oslo1_BMP.thumb.jpg.a8f22969bbf29d7e7210bcd0795de6cf.jpg

Simulator:

FSX (Gold edition, including SP2/Acceleration) with DIRECTX10 Preview (+ Steve's Fixer)

Orbx FTX EU Norway + OpenLC EU + Vector + Global

Airports of Norway Freeware scenery (disabling it did not help)

FS Global Ultimate Mesh. 

System

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (including Creators Update)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.60GHz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASRock
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB

I suspect it must have some interaction with either the Mesh or some other scenery, but I've checked and besides Orbx stuff and airports of Norway I don't have anything for Norway installed.

Any help is appreciated, in the meanwhile I'll explore the parts where there cannot be houses missing  ;) 

Thank you, 

David

Oslo2.BMP.jpg

9 hours ago, pmb said:

Look here

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/142830-ges-autogen-buildings-in-munich-missing/

Might well be a similar trap. And I am afraid we are going to see more of them.

Kind regards, Michael

Thank you Michael that is very helpful!

I didn't think it could have to do with sceneries not in the area, but of course if it overwrites some autogen info that is a perfect explanation. 

I'll try to find out today what scenery causes my problems  and report here.

Best,

David

So, it works again: 

After disabling all scenery and letting FTX Central regenerate the Autogen files, it still didn't work. I suspected that Santorini X might have something to do with it, but couldn't prove it.

Anyways, since I had everything disabled except ORBX stuff I knew something was up. I was considering reinstalling FTX Global, but didn't really want to. 

So I forced remigration of the unified lclookup and that solved everything it seems! 

Even after enabling Santorini X again and adding the original autogen with Santorini x, everything seems to work now in Norway and Santorini. 

Not sure how the problem arose but it may be worth checking for other people before reinstalling everything! 

Thank  you for the help again Michael!

Best,

David

That's interesting. I tried forced remigration and in my cases it didn't help. So I suspect your issue is another one. Maybe... but who knows.

All the best and kind regards, Michael

Hi guys,

glad to hear you've got the autogen back, David, and thanks for posting what fixed it for you.

Note that the issue with the external .xml files is specific to P3Dv4, while David is using FSX. In both cases the autogen definition files are involved but in David's case our version probably got overwritten at some point and the "forced migration" option restored them.

Cheers, Holger

Archived