GES - Autogen buildings in Munich missing

McAlex

Hi everybody,

I love every single one of your sceneries and I didn't have any problems with them in P3D V4. Now I've installed GES and I'm missing a lot of autogen buildings in my hometown Munich (for example the whole city center, the round BMW-Building....). I don't have installed any other scenery that could be a conflict to GES and I've det autogen to extremely dense. What's happening?!?!?

Greetings59d6902b85418_Mnchen.thumb.JPG.a19d79beba698bb96b5e39ef001018ea.JPG

Alexander

Hello Nick,

Thank you very much for your fast answer. I copied the file but without success (it's a file for GEN, I have problems with GES). So there are still a lot of Buildings and trees missing (see pictures).

Alexander

München 2.JPG

München 3.JPG

München 4.JPG

München 5.JPG

Nick, I have that very same issue at my home town Jena, in Weimar as well as in Erfurt. This is Jena

autogen_jena.jpg

You clearly see the missing buildings as well as trees autogen. I spent a couple of evenings expecting it's my fault but I am not sure any longer it is. Here's something I tried

- Deinstalling and reinstalling GES

- Reinstalling the ORBX libs

- Deactivating all scenery except for default, ORBX libs and GES,

- Delecting (renaming) prepar3d.cfg

- Delecting (renaming) exe.xml and dll.xml

My Autogen scenery settings are maxed. There is no corresponding 29Palms file for Default objects in my GES folder.

Thanks for any help. I am pretty much at my wits' end now. 

Kind regards, Michael

A couple of more facts:

- If memory serves me right (90%), the city centers were okay during the very first day of run of GES. 

- As a test. I installed GES into FSX(:SE). All autogen is present there.

Kind regards, Michael 

Two more observations:

- There are large patches of missing Autogen in Berlin as well. I am pretty sure this was fine a few days ago.

- This issue seems to be limited to Germany (Europe?). I made a quick check of San Francisco/NCA and all Autogen is fine there.

My suspect is a recent ORBX library update, but that's just a guess.

Kind regards, Michael

A new thought: I've installed Austria PRO HD East + West with the new P3D-V4-installers from Flugwerk. In elder forums they say something like that the autogen of Austria Pro and ORBX overwrite each other ... Does anybody have the same problems?

@ Michael: Do you have APHD installed?

1 hour ago, McAlex said:

A new thought: I've installed Austria PRO HD East + West with the new P3D-V4-installers from Flugwerk. In elder forums they say something like that the autogen of Austria Pro and ORBX overwrite each other ... Does anybody have the same problems?

@ Michael: Do you have APHD installed?

Yes, I have. But I installed it a few days in advance of GES. Nonetheless the fact that I don't have Austria Pro installed in FSX:SE - where GES works properly - may indicate that you and Nick might be on something.

I was under the impression that Austria Pro only modifies trees autogen, but who knows. In any case this would be a very bad "feature". At least that's one direction I could pursue in debugging.

Thanks for your hints and kind regards,

Michael

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Micheal,

try running FTX Central and wait until it shows you "activating Orbx scenery".

I believe that this should restore the FTX autogen descriptions.

It must be worth a try, at least.

I did this already numerous times and it didn't help. Must be something more involved.

Kind regards, Michael

Hello Nick, hello Michael,

I have the same "flat areas" in Berlin also (between Tegel and Citycenter).

I have reinstalled GES AFTER the installation of AP; so the autogen of GES must overwrite AP, not vice versa.

So I'll try:

- GES + GEN in FSX (without Austria Pro)

- running FTX Central and wait until it shows "activating Orbx scenery".

You'll hear from me again this evening when I'm at my private pc.

Hello Michael,

Please try this.

Back up your whole P3D v4 Autogen folder, just in case. 

Go to the P3D v4 Autogen folder and create a new folder inside it named OFF.

Move all the files into the OFF folder.

Run FTX Central and it will place the files that it modifies into the Autogen folder.

Return to the Autogen\OFF folder and copy all the files back into the Autogen folder

but DO NOT let them overwrite what FTX Central placed there.

This may or may not work but it won't take long and cannot do any harm.

Thanks Nick, for your patience. I'll try this tonight and let you know.

To Alex: "Flat" areas between Tegel and Berlin City Center are suppopsedly another issue not related to ours. They are caused by Aerosoft Tegel. You can ged rid of them by deactivating their photoscenery surroundings (should be covered here in the compatibility forum or elsewhere in this forum). This works for me.

The "flat" areas I am referring to now are, e.g., close to Alexanderplatz and not related to Tegel. 

Kind regards, Michael

Finally at home before the Weekend I've tried everything.

Nick: Sorry, but it didn't work....

Michael: I've tried the same as you: I've installed GES in my FSX (without Austria Pro) and everything is just right.... So either it has something to do with P3DV4 or with Austria Pro HD...59d7ae5a025a5_MnchenFSX.thumb.JPG.faf614321412015e78a7578c5e736480.JPG

Update @ Michael: You're right, the no-house-area near Tegel is gone, thanks for the tipp. But the area around Alexanderplatz is bare (in FSX everything is ok). You can compare the pictures of Berlin FSX and Berlin P3DV4. I hope anybody can help.....

Berlin FSX.JPG

Berlin P3DV4.JPG

Deng!

I could at least isolate the issue. The critical hint came from a contribution in the German subforum

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/142656-ges-autogenfehler/

There seems to be "something" odd with add-on.xml-Installations, either caused by a faulty addon or even by a bug in Prepar3d. While I disabled all scenery in scenery.cfg as a test, I forgot about add-on.xml sceneries which remained active.

Now I did the following: I made a backup of  C:\Users\(myprofile)\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. Next, I deleted the complete contents except ObjectFlow. Launched Prepar3d4 and back is all missing autogen!!

Now I will have to inquire by half-splitting and trial which entry is the culprit, but I know there is a way to recover, at least. I will report back when I got a final answer.

Thank you both for your contributions. It was quite important so see (i) I am not alone, and (ii) the scenery does work as such.

Kind regards, Michael

Found the interfering addon, at least in my case: It's Aerosoft MadeiraX which I indeed installed after GES. It makes an entry "MadeiraXEvoAutogen" into Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. Removing it restores ORBX Autogen.

I will see if I can collect more information on how to handle this.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael, you're great! I've done the same and - A MIRACLE! - all the autogen is back again..... Thank you very very much for your investigations. 

Firs I've deinstalle Madeira X Evolution but nothing changes. In my case the bad guy is MK-Studios' Fuerteventura with a special autogen that seems to partly eliminate ORBX' autogen. If I disable it (editor) in the add-on.xml everything is ok. Now I'm gonna try to install Madeira again. Let's see....

Greetings from Munich and thanks again Michael and Nick for your efforts.

Alexander

Even more interesting: Michael's Madeira X and my Fuerteventura 2017 are both from the same developer: MK-Studios (that also made Bologna X and Rome X).

I'll contact him end tell him about the autogen problems with GEN and GES.

18 minutes ago, MartinM said:

Actually there is a Autogen Tool, which merges the different developers

http://www.francevfr.com/agx.htm

I think it's not without a reason ORBX is NOT named under the "CONTRIBUTEURS".

If you would like to go that path, a better approach might be based on the AutogenConfigurationMerger (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/autogen-configuration-merger.147/) which, at least on my sytem, does work with ORBX.

Kind regards, Michael

Hello Michael,

they are one and the same thing and the version on the French site comes with an installer.

I am not a world authority on these matters but I think that when you run FTX Central, it writes the

necessary entries into the relevant autogen files.

In theory, therefore, the missing autogen problem in FTX products should be cured.

My copy of the Autogen Merger is the French one and it does a very good job of writing the autogen

files necessary for say the excellent freeware Paris intra muros scenery after FTX Central has written them out.

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone kindly post an image or two from GES with autogen buildings set to normal? I think there's an issue with mine, although my sim is fresh installed, with no other add ons, and just ORBX stuff and the latest version of ORBX library as of October 17. Because it seems to few buildings versus trees with the value for both set to normal. 

Kind regards. 

Archived