I cant get FTX textures to work

Raphael_Chacon

Hello,

i was trying to use an FSX/PED airplane into P3DV4 as part of a test(that author recommended - big mistake).   I just installed it outside my sim folder and then copied the single folder into P3DV4.    So during my first attemp to load up the aircraft, I got the default textures displayed.  So i deleted the folder and restart the sim to get back to my original position.

Well, what i get after that is a texture problems.   I can only see default textures(Or mixed textures) no matter what i do. I cant make orb products to display correctly.  What can i do?

I followed this procedure from other support i requested(Checked the ftx entries and repeated the config procedure), but is not working...   I also checked inside my sim looking at the library, everything seems to me at the right order.   My sim looks ugly ugly now!

Picture is at EHKD:

rEglQ-j_RU6bf5PsYyDzmg.jpg

Im sure that is not orbx textures, but i can not make it to work.  I use Base, Vector, FTX EU, etc, etc...(Not participating the public beta yet).....    definitely there is something wrong...:wacko:

Thanks in advance for support

Okey, i give up...:wacko:

Formated PC, reinstalled from fresh P3DV4 and after reinstalling ORBX products only, then i have this again:  

2bkav3G5TIa35DV2L2Fx-A.jpg

(No addons installed besides ORBXs)  Base, vector, SCA, NCA, PNW, Trees, Lights, LC EU, LC NA, NA Airport Pack, Libraries, FTX Australia.  

Looking forward for some support...

Hi,

Please carefully apply the below procedure again, 

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Hello,

in fairness, there is nothing wrong here except your expectation of what to see.

The pink and yellow are intended to represent tulip fields and if you change the season

away from spring, you will not see them.

Here is a real world image

tulips-8.jpg

and here is a comparison between real world and simulator world.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Here also is an image from the freeware NL 2000, I wonder if you find this to be inaccurate also?

Untitled.jpg

What did you expect to see?

1wer1i.jpg

OMG,  Sorry Nick, no intentions to bother you at all...   I think this is a funny history to share with flightsimmers & friends...

I havent ever seen those colorful fields in the past.  As a matter of fact, i changed spring season to summer and i realized that it looks more normal to my eyes, which doesnt mean Orbx textures are not correct. I was so amazed of the colorfull fields that i though about textures issues!  i just couldnt believe my eyes :lol:   

Im still reinstalling and following Doug advice.  I will let you know if everything is normal now in a while.

Archived