FTX HD Trees

toriu

Hi there,

the GB Regions use custom tree models so if the issue is limited to those areas you may want to try re-installing the Regions and/or OrbxLibs; for the latter, delete the file named "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT", located in \ORBX\User Documents\Versions, then start FTXCentral and re-install the libraries. The FTX Regions have uninstaller links on their product pages in FTX Central.

Cheers, Holger

15 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

the GB Regions use custom tree models so if the issue is limited to those areas you may want to try re-installing the Regions and/or OrbxLibs; for the latter, delete the file named "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT", located in \ORBX\User Documents\Versions, then start FTXCentral and re-install the libraries. The FTX Regions have uninstaller links on their product pages in FTX Central.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger, I forgot to mention I'm still on FTX Central 2. Will this make a difference?

Hi Holger, still no luck with the trees, this is what I have done so far.

1. Successfully converted to FTX Central v3.2.1.

2. Un-installed, and re-installed  the libraries (Firstly deleting the file FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT)

3. Un-installed, and re-installed  FTX  England.

4. Un-installed, and re-installed  FTX  Wales.

5. Un-installed, and re-installed  FTX  Scotland.

6. Un-installed, and re-installed  FTX HD Trees.

The only trees that show up are around airports like Heathrow, which I assume is part of the add-on scenery.

Any more ideas?

Hi Ray,

that's correct too. Sorry but I'm out of ideas. If the object libraries plus textures are present then there's no reason for the trees not to display. What happens when you temporarily uncheck the four entries of a given Region in the scenery library menu, do the trees return?

And you're saying that outside of those FTX Regions the trees display correctly?

Cheers, Holger

28 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Ray,

that's correct too. Sorry but I'm out of ideas. If the object libraries plus textures are present then there's no reason for the trees not to display. What happens when you temporarily uncheck the four entries of a given Region in the scenery library menu, do the trees return?

And you're saying that outside of those FTX Regions the trees display correctly?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I will try your first suggestion and report back.

Yes, all trees display correctly outside the four FTX regions.

Don't know whether they are FTX HD trees or default.

Regards, Ray

Hi Holger,

Actually there are only three FTX regions devoid of trees, FTX EU England, Scotland, and Wales.

FTX EU Norway has them in abundance.

Un-checking the three regions in the scenery library puts the trees back in all three default regions.

Cant help thinking FTX HD Trees may be the problem, but as I have un-installed and re-installed it,

maybe not.

As I have tried unsuccessfully to get the trees back in FTX EU England, Scotland, and, Wales via FTX Central v3.2.1.

Would it be possible to un-install them directly from FSX-ORBX and, re-install via the saved  FTX products I have ?

I  have all FTX products that were purchased from the Flightsim Store saved with passwords ext.

As I have tried unsuccessfully to get the trees back in FTX EU England, Scotland, and, Wales via FTX Central v3.2.1.

Would it be possible to un-install them directly from FSX-ORBX and, re-install via the saved  FTX products I have ?

I  have all FTX products that were purchased from the Flightsim Store saved with passwords ext. 

Hi Nick,

I'm at a loss here, tried everything to get the trees back in the three regions England, Scotland and, Wales.

It's probably something simple but I cant find it.

Should the HD Trees show up in the scenery library?

Any help with this will be appreciated.  

Hi again,

HD Trees does not have a separate scenery library entry as it replaces existing textures and models only. Its various model and texture libraries are stored in \ORBX\Scripts\FTXTreesHD\ and the active files are then placed into \Scenery\Global\Scenery and \Scenery\Global\Texture, respectively. The scenery library entry for \Scenery\Global\ is named "Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries"; surely,  you wouldn't have deactivated this?

Other than that, if ORBX_EU_AGN_TREES.BGL is present in \Scenery\Global\Scenery, plus the five ORBX_EU_AGN_Trees_{...}.dds files in the parallel texture subfolder, then there's no reason I can think of why those trees shouldn't display, especially since all other autogen vegetation appears to be working as intended.

Cheers, Holger   

Me again,

a colleague has reminded me that there's one other required component: all autogen models have to be registered in a file named "AutogenDescriptions.spb", located in the main \Autogen folder. Our version gets installed with the Orbx Libraries and, normally, checked each time FTX Central is run. Perhaps somehow your current version isn't the required one or got corrupted. 

Please see https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/120443-missing-3d-trees-and-other-scenery-issues-northern-california/?tab=comments#comment-1126960  and compare file date and size of your active version with our stored version in  \ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_hybrid.

Cheers, Holger

Hi again Holger,

The following info may help.

In the fsx.CFG

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500

In the FSX/Autogen folder

AutogenDescriptions.spb Date created 26/09/2007 14:45
                         Date modified 25/01/2007 07:36

AutogenDescriptions_EFRO.xml Date created 22/11/2014 08:08
                              Date modified 09/10/2014 18:45

AutogenDescriptions_Mid.spb  Date created 26/09/2007 14:45
                              Date modified 26/09/2007 14:45

AutogenDescriptions_Min.spb  Date created 26/09/2007 14:45 
                              Date modified 26/09/2007 14:45

In the J:\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\scenery folder

vegetation.bgl Date created 26/09/2007 16:17
                Date modified 19/03/2015 08:32
  vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl Date created 22/08/2007 17:28
                       Date modified 22/08/2007 17:28

Also I have taken your advice in the post you attached and moved
 some files out of the FSX Autogen folder, see attached.

Capture.PNG (19).PNG

Capture.PNG (20).PNG

Hi there,

indeed, those are the incorrect autogen files, possibly delivered by that EFRO add-on. The correct Orbx versions of the .spb files are stored in the  \ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_base folder, so you can copy&paste those into the main \Autogen folder -- after making safety backups of the current set, of course. Note that in my previous post and the linked thread I talk about custom.gb_hybrid but the correct repository is actually custom.gb_base.

Perhaps try this first: after backing up the current file set in \Autogen, start FTX Central, click on the Settings icon (nothing else required), and then re-check the \Autogen folder. Unless there is some file access restriction in place this should already have updated the .spb files with the correct Orbx version.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger,

Unfortunately now when I delete the AutogenDescriptions_EFRO.xml
file from the Autogen folder and start FSX I'm getting "FTX has a problem and, will now close" messages. So to run FSX I put it back.

Not quite sure what to do with your second suggestion.
Iv backed up the Autogen folder, started FTX Central 3, clicked on
the Settings icon, then nothing happens.

Should the J:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_base which has 218 files be in the J:\Flight Simulator X\Autogen folder?

Regards,

Ray

Hi Holgar,

"The scenery library entry for \Scenery\Global\ is named "Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries"; surely,  you wouldn't have deactivated this?"

The Global, Generic & vehicle Libraries are not found in the 
J:\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\scenery folder.
Could this be the problem?
If it is, how do I get it back?

Regards Ray

Hi Ray,

do you have the "Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries" entry active in your scenery library menu? Do you have a folder named \Scenery\Global\scenery with at least 27 .bgl files in it? If so that is as it should be. There is no file or folder named "Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries", it's simply the name in the scenery library menu given by FSX to that particular entry.

Also, do you now have the correct set of .spb files in the \Autogen folder as we've discussed above?

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger,

Yes  "Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries" is in the scenery library @ 577 of 689 entires .

How many files should be in the Autogen folder? Should I delete what's in now and just install

the 4 spb files taken from J:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_base?

Regards, Ray

Capture.PNG-19.PNG

Capture.PNG-20.PNG

Hi Ray,

just copy those four files into the \Autogen folder. The other ones need to be in there as well (8 files in total, 7 .spb plus the default.xml) except for that AutogenDescriptions_EFRO.xml file. It's possible that the sim reads it and somehow then ignores our custom autogen definitions. Can you still not remove it without the sim crashing on start-up? If so you should contact the author of that add-on to help you remove it.

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: I googled for the file name and found this: https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=493480&sid=07bbf858b83279ee6a0458a60bd62cfe#p493480

If you have added that entry to the fsx.cfg file then try deactivating it with a "//" or ";" in front of it prior to removing the .xml file from the \Autogen folder.

Hi Holger,

Thank you so much for your help. The trees are back in all there glory!! I hadn't realized how much they add to the scenery, specially this time of the year.

I think your suggestion to deactivate that EFRO file in the fsx.cfg was the key. It must have been placed there when I installed the scenery.

I'm off now to jump into a chopper and find some autumn woodlands.

Thanks again,

Ray

Archived