P3Dv4 will not load after installing OpenLC Europe

Good day 

I purchased OpenLC Europe today and after installing it I am unable to load a scenario. I downloaded it using the FTX Central app and later tried installing the add-on with the zip file method. With both methods my install seems to cause P3Dv4 to crash when starting a scenario. I started a custom and default scenario without OpenLC Europe and P3Dv4 loads the scenario just fine but once I install OpenLC Europe, the sim crashes to desktop when I try to load a scenario. Below is the last error from my event log.

Prepar3D.exe
      594a7255
      api.dll
      594a7300
      c0000005
      00000000000155d1
      14f8
      01d324f609efbb19
      E:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
      E:\Prepar3D v4\api.dll
      5d7c584e-c5ec-4ec0-afa3-d5de5f2b5dee

I don't know if this error is related. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Anthony A. Moise

Hi Anthony

Sure, reinstall it, then instead of uninstalling to troubleshoot, just uncheck/deactivate in your scenery library, you may need to install Scenery Config Editor for this if your sim will not start with it installed, the link below is the updated version that will work with P3Dv4.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Cheers

Doug

2 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Anthony

Sure, reinstall it, then instead of uninstalling to troubleshoot, just uncheck/deactivate in your scenery library, you may need to install Scenery Config Editor for this if your sim will not start with it installed, the link below is the updated version that will work with P3Dv4.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

I will give these suggestions a try tomorrow morning and let you guys know how it goes.

I have never used a Scenery Config editor before so not sure how this works but I will see how that goes. 

Regards,

Anthony A. Moise

Hi Doug

I installed OpenLC Europe and disabled it using Scenery Config Editor. Then I started P3Dv4 and loaded a scenario. Once the scenario was loaded I when to my scenery library and enabled all the parts of OpenLC Europe. P3D said there was an error with the sequence in the library and asked if I would like P3D to attempt to fix. I clicked "Yes" and the various processes loaded then the scenario reloaded. 

If I close the sim and open it up with OpenLC Europe installed/enabled, I get an error message and the sim crashes to desktop once I try to load a scenario. Below is the last error in my event log

Prepar3D.exe
      594a7255
      unknown
      c0000005
      000002246fb8ec80
      d08
      01d3273b67342eb5
      E:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
      unknown

c78436ba-6e82-42c6-8f8c-938b30d25f33

Regards,

Anthony Moise

Hello, 

If you set the FTX scenery to the bottom of the scenery library, you

will indeed prevent P3D from loading any scenery and it will crash.

Please use the Insertion Point tool on the settings page to set the FTX

icon at the top of the scenery library, or if you have other addon scenery,

just below that.

Set the OLC icon just below the FTX icon and click on Save.

Restart P3D and all should be well.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello, 

If you set the FTX scenery to the bottom of the scenery library, you

will indeed prevent P3D from loading any scenery and it will crash.

Please use the Insertion Point tool on the settings page to set the FTX

icon at the top of the scenery library, or if you have other addon scenery,

just below that.

Set the OLC icon just below the FTX icon and click on Save.

Restart P3D and all should be well.

I believe that is how I have my scenery library set.

obV2wXI.png

PrlnkXv.png

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks.

I see nothing wrong with the FTX entries after all.

Please try unticking all the other addon scenery entries and see if it then works.

Hi Nick

I have disabled all my add-ons with the exception of OpenLC N. America, OpenLC Europe and FTX Global and the scenario loads. So could the issue be with one of the airport add-ons?

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I think so, the way forward is to add scenery back in say blocks of five or so

until you find the block that has the error in it.

You could start with adding all your FTX airports back, if it still starts,

add five of your other addons and so on.

Ok I have started doing so. I have already enabled all my Orbx add-ons and the sim loads with no issues. 

I think I found which add-on is causing the issue. Taxi2Gate LFPG...it was the last airport I enabled and when I did the sim crashed to desktop when I tried to load a scenario. I will uninstall it and re-install to see if that will help.

I will not even bother to try contacting their support team as they have the worst support I have ever encountered.

UPDATE

Well I have not found any useful info on the T2G forums. Still same issue. If I have LFPG and OpenLC Europe enabled the sim crashes when trying to load a scenario. If I have either on of them disabled, the sim loads just fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. For now, I am running the sim (P3Dv4) with Taxi2Gate's LFPG disabled. 

Regards,

Anthony A Moise

There seem to be quite a few people on the Lockheed Martin P3D forum who have a similar problem, in that they are experiencing a threshold in the number of sceneries they can add - this number varies from as low as 147 sceneries up to 245 sceneries.

See this thread:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126017

One guy has posted a solution, which is only a workaround and as far as I can read LM are still investigating this problem. Solution here on page 2 of the thread:

Postby mseiwald » Sun, 30 Jul 2017, 19:09

Ok guys i found a solution.
It isnt nice to have to do it all but it works.
Just deactivate all sceneries that are added via the add-ons.cfg file via Options-> Addons and then add them normally via the Scenery Library so that they are not loaded from the addons.xml file but normally through the scenery.cfg and everything is working fine. Finally i can continue to add my sceneries.
Came across it thanks to this topic http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=125790

Definately something LM should look into!

Don't know if this is the problem you are having but it's worth a look at.

Cheers
Jack

Archived