P3Dv4 elevation issues in Orbx SoCal, need solution

fltsiumguy1

Here is the situation.  Have P3Dv4 and  Orbx PNW, Nor Cal, So Cal and both Rockies regions installed. Scenery was doing doing fine until I a\was outside KCRQ north of San Diego when I was flying, hit the Slew key by accident, plane touched the water and I reset at KCRQ.  At that time I then got the attached screen shot with the old elevation peaks and valleys issue at this airport and also at  KSUN in Idaho. I don't know any other airports affected at this time.  I uninstalled Orbx So Cal and the elevation issues disappeared at KCRQ.  When I re-installed Orbx SoCal the peaks and valleys returned to KCRQ so I uninstalled SoCal again and all was fine. I DO NOT have Orbx Vector installed.  Can someone please offer any advice to repair the issue, not just the obvious?  I will check back to this topic on Monday...and thanks for any help

Screenshot_(1).png

Indeed, there is not.

Neither do we offer support for PMDG aircraft.

To the OP.

After you have confirmed that your scenery library is in the correct order

and if the problem has not been solved:

This anomaly does not appear with all the relevant FTX products installed.

Therefore, the most likely explanation is that you have something else affecting

the elevation of your airport.

There are three FTX files in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery

ADE_FTX_SCA_KCRQ.bgl

ADE_FTX_SCA_KCRQ_CVX.bgl

FTX_SCA_objects_KCRQ_PLC.bgl

and one in scenery\world\scenery

ADE_FTX_SCA_KCRQ_elevation_adjustment.bgl

You should make a search for these and any others that may be present in your simulator installation.

The colours in your screen shot do not appear in the SCA version of the airport.

You can find the  "elevation_adjustmetn.bgl" file attached.

To remind you of advice already given, you should search your installation for the ICAO

code of any airport that might be duplicated.

For FTX products, you should find files either in the ORBX folder or the scenery\world\scenery folder.

If you find any elsewhere, they are likely to be duplicates. 

ADE_FTX_SCA_KCRQ_elevation_adjustment.bgl

sry,first and last name is in PMDG... surfing too many forums lately.

Anyways, the advice is spot on, something, somewhere is giving you duplicate results. Like Nick said, search the folder and remove it.

Give me a screenshot of your top of your scenery library and your library insertion points in FTXCv3.

nick and Elmucki,

I still have that issue around KCRQ. I have attached some screen shots to illustrate and FTXCv3 library insertion points.  I really appreciate you guys trying to help me on this...  I will be sending in three replies bc of file size of photos... this first one is at end of runway at KCRQ

Screenshot (6).png

Nick

I tried to respond to your last post but I got the error message that I have attached as a screenshot and could not access the post stream we had going.  Anyway, your last post to me about going into the game addon menu worked!! I drilled down from options menu to addons and then unchecked all those FSDT airports that I had installed in P3Dv3 and were showing up in P3Dv4 and is on the same drive as P3Dv4.   I un-ticked all FSDT airports in the "add-ons" that were "greyed out" in my scenery library including FSDT Addon manager. I then closed P3Dv4 down and rebooted and those airports were gone (didn't have them active anyway) and then KCRQ McClellan_Palomar no longer had elevation issues and KLAX did not have duplicate runway markings as before.  I will not install any FSDT product unless they update to a v4 installer.....thanks so much Nick!!  Your a genius in flightsim!!!

Screenshot (13).png

Archived