Problem with NZ

JS41Flyer

Recently purchased New Zealand (N&S) and AU. I have also recently installed FS Global Ultimate Next Generation for FTX for the mesh. (I have base/vector and all LC plus all EU scenery installed, all work okay). I am experiencing aircraft crashes at altitude, once 5 to 8 nm south of NZAA at about 6000' and again about 60nm north of NZQN at FL170. FTX Central 3 reports all software installed and updated. 

P3D v3.4 reports aircraft crash (A2A Coni), but I am clear of all higher ground and no other aircraft in area etc. Aircraft in good shape at the time...?

Anybody else have this issue. Perhaps corrupt software? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hi JS41Flyer, welcome to the forums.

Yes, I have had problems with crashing like you, though not necessarily in the same place. I'm not a technically minded person, but,if everything else is okay, the best way to deal with it is to turn off crash detection. It's a pain in the butt. That should fix it. If it doesn't someone who knows the black art of IT should be able to help.

I know you will have untold hours of enjoyment in the Orbx world.

Thanks for the feedback......but surely this should not be the case....what is causing the crash at altitude? Is it the software (NZ) or do I have the settings wrong, corrupt download etc. I don't feel disabling crash detection is what I should be expected to do after paying for the scenery, although no doubt this will solve the problem. Anybody able to assist please.

Hello.

Welcome to the forums.

Disabling crash detection is indeed the solution.

It does not work properly and is totally unrepresentative of the real world

consequences of an aircraft crash.

Please search for "new zealand crash" and you will find over 30 reports and answers to the same question.

If you search for "crash detection" you will find 902 results.

Archived