OpenLC South America automatic restart

iqueso

Hi, when flying for say an hour over my OpenLC South America área, suddenly the view automatically shifts to outside view and the simulator restarts. I first thought it was a problem with Chasplane cinematic mode but happend the same with Chaseplane turned off. I fly around all over the world and it does not happen this issue. Please help!

• 1 month later...

Nick and iqueso, good evening.

I'm facing the same issue while during a SBGR-SAEZ flight, following UN741, btw fixes ISALA and OGLAP, hdg 239 while at FL340.

Tested with 3 different aircraft, including default F-22A. Crash location pinpointed at S32 40.38, W055 39.10. Symptoms exactly as described above: no red crash alert, display changes to external view, followed by default scenario restart. Facts:

1) If I deactivate folders OLC_SA1 and OLC_SA2, problem is solved.

2) If I select "Ignore crashes..." in P3D realism options, problem is solved.

3) Crash is easily reproducible, just by following the flight plan above. You don't even hit the exact coordinates to get a "crash".

Maybe a crash box forgotten there? Or some invisible autogen floating around?

Best regards,

Drumond

• 6 months later...

I can do that. The reason I am asking is that I am currently enjoying the A2A C182 Skylane, and in the manual it is stated that "The following settings are recommended to provide the most accurate depiction of the flight model. Without these settings, certain features may not work correctly and the flight model will not perform accurately. The figure below depicts the recommended realism settings for the A2A AccuSim C182 Skylane." - Crash detection being On is the recommendation from A2A. Both A2A and ORBX strive to approach realism. One should not have to ignore a recommendation from one to enjoy the other. 

Ok, after reading up in the A2A forum, I can quote founder Scott: " You can have damage modeling on or off, but we recommend it to be off because, if you were to trigger the fsx damage system, it would create odd behaviors. Crash detection can be on or off without issue." . This seems to contradict their manual, but I'll take Scotts word here and thus follow the ORBX advice. Thanks for listening!

Hello.

Since you mention A2A aircraft, their damage modelling is such that if you crash

the aircraft, the consequences resemble those of the real world.

The ones I own suffer bent propellers that you can see and broken undercarriage.

They will even sit on one leg up and one down if I have landed badly enough to break only one.

All this by detecting the actual pilot error, rather than a set of random and somewhat 

unreliable parameters set by the original FSX developers.

In comparison, the default simulator action in the event of a crash, to place a green banner at the

top of the screen, pause the world and then load the default flight is in comparison, frankly risible.

I accept the view of those customers who insist that the default crash detection is vital to their

enjoyment of the flight simulation experience but I certainly do not share it.

Yes, everyone has a reason but if "putting it down too heavy" resulted in damaged undercarriage instead?

I realise that not everyone wants or indeed can add more sophisticated aircraft models and if a penalty is

required for an error, the default consequences are all that is left.

The problem remains that there are random triggers for crashes that are not the fault of the pilot and these can

be really quite frustrating.

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes, everyone has a reason but if "putting it down too heavy" resulted in damaged undercarriage instead?

I realise that not everyone wants or indeed can add more sophisticated aircraft models and if a penalty is

required for an error, the default consequences are all that is left.

The problem remains that there are random triggers for crashes that are not the fault of the pilot and these can

be really quite frustrating.

Absolutely.

Like North Vietnamese antiaircraft fire..............................:ph34r:

Archived