Terrain Square Tiles

Rcmoree

Hey Guys,

I know you have been asked this more than a million times but after 30min or more of flying i get the scenery tiles abnormally appearing. I have tried every fix this forum had to offer. Nothing has worked. I removed FTX on the whole and after wiping FTX completely I was left with default textures but no square tiles. I proceeded to add FSGlobal 2018 Ultimate because I had tried so many times to fix the problem that I was trying to move on. However nothing looks or feels as good as you guys scenery hence I'm at it again. Never wrote anything in the forum before.

What I have tried is as follows.

1) Reinstall all the regions

2)Reinstall the libraries and made sure it was above the LC

3)Replaced the Terrain.cfg to check for error

4)Download the areas via manual download just to make sure there wasn't any files missing

5)Force Migration after each installation and Clear Temp.... (Just to Make sure)

6)Made sure that the scenery library entry is correct by means of the ftx lc's are above the last default scenery and ftx sceneries are above the lc's and just below the very first 3rd party scenery.

Now quick question, there is a 3rd party scenery at the bottom for aspen elevation..... and Paro elevation I believe.

Lastly how I know it is orbx FTX global is when I did a clean install of the simulator I flew LAX-LAS 35min flight by jet. With default no problem and no squares. Installed FSGlobal Ultimate 2018 did the same flight no problem there either. As soon as I installed FTX global and the libraries and did the flight again I got the squares descending into LAS. 

Please tell me you guys can help me. The scenery tiles resemble bodies of water and parts of continents.

I own a copy of FTX GLOBAL - TREES - NA LC - EU LC - ENGLAND - AUSTRALIA - FTX EAGLE - SAN DIEGO - JACKSON HOLE - INNSBRUCK - QUEENSTOWN AIRPORT. Got them on SALE!!!

Thanks

Christopher

Sounds like the terrain.cfg corruption problem, if your migration has worked.  However it's interesting that it only happens after a 30 minute flight.

Until someone else steps in, I suggets you uninstall all the ORBX scenery, delete the ORBX folder from the sim folder, and also the ORBX folder from AppData\Local,

reboot and confirm the flight is OK with default. 

Then just install the Global package on its own, followed by the libraries.  Run migration.  Then run the troubleshooter from the ORBX Scripts folder in the sim, to check for missing files.

If you still get the problem, post a screenshot or two with coordinates and someone can do some more troubleshooting with you.

Thank You John,

I actually just did the clean install yesterday and tried to add just the FTX Global and it appeared again.  Yea it is weird that it only happens after about 30 min of flight from anywhere! It does matter at all.... but its fine on takeoff. Could it be Nvidia drivers maybe to update or something? I will attempt what you suggested.

Thanks again John

Hi guys,

just to be clear, if the texture issues only appear after flying for a while then this probably has nothing to do with a corrupt terrain.cfg or missing landclass textures, meaning the fixes documented for those (terrain.cfg replacement or forced migration) won't have any effect. Those issues would be apparent right away, especially when slewing around your start location. 

What you describe sounds more like a resource exhaustion issue, meaning your PC somehow can't keep up with ground texture loading. The terrain around the user aircraft gets constructed on-the-fly; any hiccups during the assembly phase can cause odd textures to appear (or no textures at all: the infamous light blue "voids"), autogen houses to start floating, temporary terrain spikes, etc. Thus, I'd experiment with slider settings like, autogen density or terrain detail, to understand what particular component, if any, appears to be the main contributor.

Cheers, Holger 

Hey Holger,

Thanks for that and I'm going to experiment with your analogy right now. It could be that because everything is installed properly. Think my poor gtx1070 can not handle the pressure lol. I will do this now and report back in a few minutes. Thanks again

48 minutes ago, Rcmoree said:

Hey Holger,

Thanks for that and I'm going to experiment with your analogy right now. It could be that because everything is installed properly. Think my poor gtx1070 can not handle the pressure lol. I will do this now and report back in a few minutes. Thanks again

Not likely to be the graphics card if it's a GTX1070.  I've got a GTX970 and I don't see this.

Have you got sufficient cooling in your computer?  I believe overheating can cause the CPU to perform poorly, if so it would explain the 30 minute delay.

Can you post your computer specs here? 

Hey Guys,

Sorry for taking couple hours to respond back. This problem is no more! Just like Sandmann said and I agree with you too John. It may be a combination of both high graphic card settings and heat. I know one thing I adjusted a few of the settings preferably the autogen draw distance which was set to high at the time to low I also lowered Scenery Complexity to Normal and all the other bars to the normal range. I did a number of flights over half an hour yesterday with orbx global and na lc. Happy to report that this solved my problem. I guess like you said John I need to have sufficient cooling to crank it up a bit which I don't have the liberty of doing yet. So in the meantime Im happy where Im at and that means I can go Orbx crazy again!

Thanks a lot!!!!

P.S. Drop another sale soon please so I can buy everything else! lol

Archived