KJAC - Bumpy Runway Surface

JasonPC

I just bought the KJAC scenery and I'm noticing on landing at the runway it's like landing in an open field. I am using EZDok camera and noticed the runway surface is triggering the bumpy surface type instead of rigid. The taxiways are all fine it's just the runway. Is this by design? Unless I change the effects in EZdok, it makes for one shaky landing or takeoff.

2017-08-20 (2).jpg

Don't know much about EZdoc J but from what I see cannot you lower the bump factor manually to say 0.2 or whatever:huh: looks like that prog section is for runway takeoff only and not taxiways is which why your seeing no effect;)

Basically any time the plane is on the ground it registers whether it's on pavement or grass. So it switches over to rigid on runways and taxiways and to bump for grass. I'm not really into the nuts and bolts of airport modification/design in FSX/P3D, but I think ezdok is just reading from the material specified for the airport. I don't have this problem at other ORBX airports.

Stangely enough, I don't see anything unusual in ChasePlane and P3Dv4. I can view a window that displays a moving column for ground effects. If anything, the runway is *slightly* smoother than the grass or taxiways around it.

Adam.

Hi guys, 

As Nick points out, the underlying APX runway is set to "Treated Oil". By default settings, this runway type is treated by aircraft undercarriage exactly the same as other hard surfaces - concrete, asphalt etc. If EZDok is treating it as something different, this would best be an issue brought up with the EZDok developers as it will also effect every other instance of this runway type around the FS world. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived