KEGE Elevation Problem

PilotGW

Hi!

I seem to be having trouble with elevation at KEGE. It looks like the airport is floating above the ground in certain places. It's not a huge issue, just a bit distracting.

I do have FTX Vector and I've disabled AEC (without doing that the airport 'sinks'). I also have FreeMeshX but disabling this makes no difference.

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Prepar3D 2017-08-14 10-16-10.jpg

Prepar3D_2017-08-14_10-16-57.jpg

G'day there, 

This elevation issue is likely caused by one of two things: 

1. Could you please check your P3D library, and ensure that your ORBX products are sitting above all other entries, including default scenery layers. We have seen a couple of other users report problems with their ORBX content sitting at the very bottom of their libraries. 

2. If they are incorrectly sorted, you can fix this by resetting your ORBX scenery library insertion point via FTX-Central > Settings. 

3. If after you've changed the insertion point, the ORBX entries are still sitting below all others, this is a general FTX-C issue that will be causing other problems too. If this is the case, could you please start a separate support topic in this forum so our FTX-C techs can look into it. 

- OR - 

1. You have a non-ORBX KEGE APX/ADE file causing a clash. Have a search through your other addons for possible problem files. Some AI addon packges ship with edited ADE files, or you may have another scenery package that includes files for KEGE. 

Just as an aside, even though you definitely have an issue, the first pic you posted is relatively close to how it should look - there is a tiered plateau at this end of the runway. See this video for more info:

Let me know how you go,

Cheers

Hi!

I've tried moving the FTX entries to the top of my scenery library to no avail unfortunately. I've also run a search of my P3D folder and can't find any other references to KEGE.

I also disabled every other scenery library entry and all of my addons apart from Default, KEGE and FTX Libraries and it's still the same.

The surrounding terrain itself is fine, it just looks like there's a flat texture floating above a duplicate of itself on the ground. The PAPIs and a few of the perimeter fences are also 'sunk' below this top layer texture.

Could it just be a P3D V4 thing?

G'day again, 

So is the insertion point tool working correctly? Ie if you reset it in FTX-C, then boot up P3Dv4 are the layers correctly ordered, or did you have to manually adjust the scenery library entries yourself? If you had to adjust manually yourself, this is likely the cause of the problem. 

Also, could you please check that the file KEGE_ADEX_WESTSIM_ALT.bgl exists in your Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery folder? 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Ok no worries - here is the missing file, I'll investigate as to why the file mightn't have made it into your installation. 

Also, just for confirmation, could you please go to your ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KEGE folder, and check that there are 64 files in the \scenery folder, and 1,258 files in the \texture folder? Just in case there is anything else missing :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

KEGE_ADEX_WESTSIM_ALT.BGL

Archived