[P3D] V4: Trees HD questions

Patrice-ftx

Hi,

I bought several scenery yesterday and installed Ok, tested Ok, (despite some stutters). Currently I am using all regional scenes of Ireland and United kingdom.

I also installed FTX global, vector and trees HD.

I installed all under P3D V4.

My concern is about trees HD:

- In spring, I do not see any trees with flowers, they are all green. Is there a problem here?

- The color difference between Spring and Summer is very subtle.

- Why is there no control panel about trees HD in FTX central 3?

- Why have the settings regarding trees HD been removed from FTX Central 3?

- Are the trees graphics the same in America and Europe (they should not IMHO)

Thanks for any explanation.

Patrice.

Hello.

In spring, I do not see any trees with flowers, they are all green. Is there a problem here?

In which location?

- The color difference between Spring and Summer is very subtle.

The deciduous trees in this country have no leaves in winter, green leaves

in spring, green leaves in summer and brown leaves in autumn.

Evergreen trees have green leaves in all four seasons.

- Why is there no control panel about trees HD in FTX central 3?

There never was, there was an option to display them or not.

- Why have the settings regarding trees HD been removed from FTX Central 3?

This option remains but is a P3Dv4 setting.

- Are the trees graphics the same in America and Europe (they should not IMHO)

No idea, what do you find?

Hi there,

first off, I assume your observations are based on actually looking at the TreesHD textures, meaning you have "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" unchecked in P3Dv4: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/136268-speedtrees-toggle-onoff-for-ftx-in-p3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=1207179

There are in fact a few tree species that have spring flowers in TreesHD, as seen on the product website: https://orbxdirect.com/product/ftxtreeshd . Keep in mind though that simply selecting "spring" in the date & time menu in the sim doesn't mean you'll necessarily look at spring textures at your location; you may need to change a month forward or back to achieve that. See http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/106546-winter-textures-at-fall/#comment-960422

Which tree species are displayed where depends on the active autogen placement files and not TreesHD because TreesHD only changes texture files. While there are a limited number of different tree species available globally, our own placement files -- in the Global series and the FTX Regions -- do attempt to place the best available types for the local ecosystems. In fact, several FTX Regions do include additional tree models of their own.

As Nick mentions though, if you have concerns about specific locations you should provide us with representative screenshots with coordinates. Moreover, given the confusing nature of the seasons selection option, the date or at least month those screenshots were taken in would be helpful as well.

Cheers, Holger

Ok, Thanks for explanations.

Nick,

Regarding the option in the settings, you write:  "This option remains but is a P3Dv4 setting."

You mean it is the dynamic trees options or another thing? But there is no option regarding HD trees in FTX Central V3 for P3DV4 (in FTX Central 3211 as of today).

Could you explain?

Thanks.

Hello,

The option before was Orbx trees or no Orbx trees.

The option now is still Orbx trees or no Orbx trees.

As explained by Holger, the choice is made in P3Dv4,

"Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" ticked and you see P3D default

trees, untick it, restart P3D and if you have installed them, you will see FTX HD trees.

Archived