No roads, buildings and land out at sea after ins SDK

col1948

I have FSX gold edition on Windows 7 64bit, I had Orbx installed and working great with no problems.  I wanted to install Traffic Tool Box which is on/in the SDK which I didn't have installed.

So I installed it and Tool Box worked but as I was flying I noticed little white squares everywhere, then I realised it was the roads not loaded in the scenery.

I fly further and out to sea, most of the sea was green grass and had buildings and trees, so do I need to re-install Orbx or is there another solution, any help appreciated.

I ran the Migration Tool and it came up with a list of missing files:

Files requiring migration:
Ireland
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2an1.agn
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2fa1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2hw1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2lm1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2m11.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2sp1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2su1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2wi1.bmp
Northern Ireland
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2an1.agn
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2fa1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2hw1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2lm1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2m11.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2sp1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2su1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2wi1.bmp
Wales
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2an1.agn
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2fa1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2hw1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2lm1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2m11.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2sp1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2su1.bmp
    ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2wi1.bmp

How do I get those please?

Well it got so much worse I eneded up taking FSX off, making sure I got rid of any trace of it, I have now re-installed it and just installed the SDK plus SP1 & 2.

So it looks like I will have to start all over again with the Orbx scenery, it is going to be a long job.

Well after clearing out FSX and then re-installing, had it running OK so then started to install Orbx, I installed FTX Global first then FTX Vector, then installed my other Orbx scenery.

When I go in the sim some of the scenery isn't right, for example I go to EGCC Manchester and there is a big hill across the runway, I doubt it is an Orbx fault as I had it OK in my last install, all this has started since I installed the SDK.

I wonder if there is a glitch having SDK on with Orbx, has anybody else had this happen?

egcc hill.jpg

I installed the SDK from the disk with FSX Gold Edition, and as for disabling the AEC I never did that on the install I had working, wonder why it needs it now?

Sorry misread your post, I have FSX installed on my spare HDD and I installed the SDK in to the same folder.

I have again took FSX off the PC and all the Orbx scenery, I will start again but I need to take a breath, I need to step back from it for a while, it wears you down.

OK, I now have FSX installed and no SDK.

I have in my FTX Central:

FTX Global Base Pack

FTX Global Vector

Libraries

EU England

EU Scotland

EU N Ireland

EU Ireland

EU Wales

Is there any particular order to install please?

I installed a fresh FSX no addons.

Then installed as you suggested the libraries.

Then EU England.

Then FTX Global Base.

I got told as you see above I neded to install both SP1 & 2 so I did that, so where is the insertion point tool please?

I'm begining to think it is another un-install and forget Orbx.

Hello,

Just to clarify for you.

If you own FSX Gold Edition, you own three DVD disks.

Two install FSX and the third installs Acceleration.

You do not need anything else.

If you subsequently add anything else, such as SP1 or SP2, you will very likely

damage the existing installation.

The Insertion Point tool is on the settings page of FTX Central.

The FTX icon should be placed at the top of the scenery library or just

underneath the lowest of any other addon scenery you might have.

The OLC icon should be placed underneath that and then click on Save.

Thanks I asked that question about installing SP1 & 2 and the guy above said it will be OK to do it even after I installed Orbx.

Anyway I found the insertion tool and looked in my settings in FSX and for some reason the librairies were a few places down so I moved them up below the other Orbx entries and that seems to have fixed it, so now no land out at sea plus the little white squares where the roads should be have gone and now I have the roads.

Is all this mentioned anywhere before installing Orbx, if so I must have missed it, if it isn't it would save a lot of other a bit of trouble, I was thinking of uninstalling Orbx but when I looked online it seems a few others were doing the same and there doesn't seem an easy way.

If after I install my other Orbx scenery and all goes well I will keep it, but it hasn't been a smooth road.

Also I wil be honest add something else that may have stopped some of this from working, my antivirus had run out so I got Comodo, well it stopped a couple of programs and when I went in to it there was a list of other things it had stopped because it thought they were malicious.

There was something from Orbx in the list along with MS Train Simulator, anyway to cut it short I deleted Comodo, it wasn't easy to get rid of, it put files all over the place plus two that I could not delete, so I had to go in to safe modse to get rid of them.

Well I'll reply to my own post, I eventually installed My Traffic X, after a few minutes I soon uninstalled it, mainly because the AI models are terrible.

I understand they are low poly and are meant for AI use, but they look like they belong in a cheap old sim, plus I noticed on a couple of airports some were parked partly inside buildings, I did put the MTX scenery lower down below the Orbx scenery in the list as well.

Anyway I have decided to go with World of AI (WOAI), some flight plans I have had to convert to FSX before I installed them but I'm taking my time plus I can pick and choose which ones I want.

Archived